ALYSSA - Criminal

I am Alyssa. Daughter of Zeus. There are 3 children of Zeus. Thalia and Jason are my half brother and sister. No one knows about me. Or at least didn't. I was told by my father to stay hidden. That if I was found I would be hurt. That man wasn't my father although he knew my real one. My step father was a criminal. I was his accomplice. When I was younger my mother died. My father said it was an accident but I later found out it was of his doing. He killed her. He was jealous. I found out the hard way.

During a heist, just a few days after my mother's death I overheard my father talking to the gang who had helped us get what we needed. I was hiding underneath the van. I heard him laugh as the gang member threatened that he would do horrible things to me and my mother if he didn't get more money. My father said that he couldn't do anything to my mother because she was already dead. That her murder was horrific. He said her throat was slit and there was blood everywhere. I was confused because my father had told me he was on a business trip in Bali. He said he had something (drugs) to deliver. I listened closer to what my father had to say. He said that that her blood was hard to clean and that she weighed more than she looked.

I heard thunder rumbling and saw lightening in the distance. I thought I was dreaming because the news reporter had said clear skies and not to expect rain this week. I pushed myself closer to the front of the van listening in to what else he had to say. I heard more disturbing things about my mother’s death. But one thing caused me to lose it. He said that killing her was the most fun he'd had since aiding the terrorist attack in America. I slid out of my hiding spot, listening to the thunder rumbling and the lightning flashes made my rage boil over.

"Why?! Why did you do it?" I screamed at him.

"Honey, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Answer the freaking question Dad" I challenged him.

"How much did you hear?" he asked.

"All of it! Why Dad? Why would you do that to the woman you loved?" I felt tears in my eyes. The thunder got louder and the lightening got closer. I didn't care. I heard people in the streets nearby screaming at the closeness of the storm. I didn't care. He killed her. He was going to pay.

"Because she cheated on me!" he screamed back.

'Cheated?! She loved you" I yelled at him. The thunder got louder with every word I said. The lightening closer again.

"She told me a lie! She said that I wasn't your father and that it was time that I knew! She lied to me! She deserved to die!" He was yelling at me. Spitting in my face.

"No! You're my father!" I whispered. "But you killed her anyway" I added. The thunder was deafening. My rage boiled over. "YOU KILLED HER!" I screamed. I lifted my hands and threw them down. Just as I did that, the lightening came down and struck him. I stood directly in front of him yet I wasn't burnt nor afraid of the lightening. I found it as a connection to something I had lost.  I calmed myself as he was struck. As I did the storm eased. I only watched as he fell. The other gang members ran away screaming freak and mutant. I walked down and kicked my father.

"You deserved that" I said.

"She was right" he muttered.

"What?" I said.

"She was right" he said louder this time.

"She was right about what?!" I screamed.

"I'm not your father" he said.

"What?" I was confused. This is only a joke, right? This man in front of me is my father.

"She was right"

"Who is my real father than?!" I dared him to answer.

"Zeus" he said and his eyes rolled into the back of his head.

That name stayed in my head. Zeus.