Chapter Twenty-Two

"When someone else's happiness is your happiness, that is love."  Lana Del Ray

“Since when was merch okay?” Giselle asked as she walked into Missy’s office Friday afternoon. There was a bit of anger but nothing that couldn’t be controlled. It was in the contract that merchandise wouldn’t be sold without Giselle’s permission so there was a small reason to be angry.

“Now Giselle, would you please sit down?” Missy asked from her seat behind the computer. Her fingers wound together and raked at the back of her hands. It had turned out to be Missy’s nervous habit and Giselle only noticed her to be doing it in situations like this when the brunette wasn’t in control.

Giselle sat down on the couch, tossing her purse to the floor by her high heeled feet. Trying desperately to reign in her anger, she crossed her legs and asked the question more calmly this time. Her toes tapped in the pointed tips of her nude heels in spite of her attempts.

“Mr. Farnsworth thought that we should get merchandise rolling with all of America falling in love with you. Canada is even hopping on the train and buying the most merchandise. I didn’t know how to tell you so he told me to wait it out,” Missy said, scratching the back of her hand.

Mr. Farnsworth was dealing with her situation personally? The man was a legend in the music industry all over the world, higher than Simon Cowell but hardly ever spoken of. Word always got back to him, and normally the words you’d said were twisted. Soon, you’d no longer be in the industry. Mr. Farnsworth did not like to be spoken about.

Giselle was at a loss for words. If she spoke out, would she be dropped? If she didn’t, what else would be broken in the contract?

“May I speak with Mr. Farnsworth?” Giselle asked after a while.

Missy’s blue eyes widened considerably to the point that Giselle was sure that she’d be holding them soon. The brunette turned to her computer and began typing away furiously before saying, “Giselle, he’s a very busy man. People don’t just get to speak with him so do not expect a meeting with him any time soon or ever.”

Giselle smoothed her legs of her black jumpsuit of her thighs and nodded in understanding. Mr. Farnsworth was constantly busy and hardly ever seen by his talented company, that’s why she was confused as to why he was handling her situation personally. When she had signed her papers, Mr. Farnsworth hadn’t been able to be there. Giselle had never met the mysterious man.

“What?” Missy asked, scooting away from her computer and then looking at Giselle. Giselle cocked her head to the side and frowned, questions filling her head. “Are you comfortable meeting your boss in your current apparel?”

~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~

Harry sat emotionally alone despite all the people around him. This party is not as fun as Louis had promised it would be. Maybe he should have just gone back home to see his family for a spell before running off on tour. His mum would like that.

Maybe he could convince her that his Ellie wasn’t so bad.

Harry tossed the lemonade in the trash and went on the hunt for Louis. The whole party in the afternoon thing had always bothered him. It wasn’t even a socialite event that held many of the people he had come to get to know, that have come to love him. These were all people that he envied, normal people who went to university and got to be with who they loved. The only thing he hated worse than his envy was his apparent inability to have a good time.

Finally Harry found Louis in the backyard with Eleanor on his arm. He smiled at the sight, enjoying the fact that Louis could finally relax. The blue-eyed man had always had trouble relaxing unless Eleanor was around, and Harry liked to take a little pride in himself for setting that up. It upset him to know there were conspiracies that this was a contracted relationship but the only one who’s ever been stupid enough to get into those was Harry.