Chapter One

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.” -Rose Kennedy

Three Years Later

"I swear you get more flowers after every performance," Mona said, wiping Giselle's face clear off all of the makeup. "Maybe someday you won't have to deal with other actors and be just like Katy Perry."

Giselle couldn't help but smile at that one. Mona was always putting bigger and better ideas in her head to the point where she couldn't even think about just being stuck on Broadway the rest of her life. There were bigger and better things out there for Giselle and so many people knew and believed it. It was just hard for Giselle to believe that.

"Y'know if you just tried, I'm pretty sure you'd get signed in no time," Mona said with a bright smile. She twirled away dramatically and sighed, tossing the wipe in the trash before grabbing another. Giselle was about to huff at her for being so slow but a knock stopped her.

"Miss Hemming, there's some guy down here asking for you," Aaron said, poking his head in. Giselle looked from her blonde best friend to the dark haired security guard, confusion clear on her face. Aaron's face seemed to say that he was just as confused.

Mona wiggled her eyebrows at her before telling Aaron to let the poor guy in. Giselle rolled her eyes and tried to listen to what was going on in the hall. Faintly she heard Aaron go over some basic rules and a familiar voice said he understood.

Who? She knew that voice...it had changed a little but it was definitely a voice that she had heard before. Her heart sped up as she thought that maybe it could be him. Suddenly she wanted to be clear across the world and six feet under.

"Of all the places I thought I would see you, I never thought it would be in a Broadway production." She heard before she seen. Her beautiful nobody stepped into the dressing room that had long been abandoned. It wasn't him but a something so much better. "Three good years and now I even have your name."

"Y-y-you're H-H-Har-ry St-Styles!" Mona spluttered. The name...it was familiar but not familiar enough for her to really care.

Giselle slipped Mona a pointed look and soon her friend was flying out of the room. The door slammed behind her, leaving the two alone.

"I was waiting for you but you were taking so long," he said with a chuckle.

Is this real?

Giselle stood and walked to the mirror to finish wiping her makeup off quickly. There wasn't a doubt in her mind that she probably looked like some haggard young woman.

"I didn't know you were waiting for me and frankly, I don't know why," she said. When her face was finally clean, she turned to see him sitting in the chair she had once been in. He'd been watching her the whole time.

"Why is a good place to start. Like why didn't you tell me your name?" he asked.

Harry didn't look like a nobody anymore. His dark curls were styled in a messy way that made it look like he cared but didn't. And she could have sworn he was wearing a designer black suit jacket and pants with a plain white button up underneath. The whole look tied together was almost a lazy rocker chic like he was supposed to be some bad boy. His face was too sweet, too innocent for it though.

"Look, I'm not exactly free to talk right now. I've got a meeting in..." she paused to turn to her station and grab her phone to check the time. "Bloody...I'm going to be late."