Autumn Leaves

"I'm going out for a few!" Marilyn called out. She has been staying at my home for a total of four days now. Each day the tension and awkwardness eased greatly. She has really made herself out home, and the feeling of taking in such a person and makng them comfertable brought a strange feeling of joy to me. Each day we spend together I feel us becoming closer and closer. I'd leave for gigs at night and when I return Marilyn would have something cooked up special for me. Since she arrived we've been taking care of each other. Ever since that night growing feelings have become stronger, it's safe to say I have quite the crush on the girl. Prositute or not, this girl, this gorgeous and caring girl, is like none of the others. Marilyn is so different than any other girl i've ever met. She is the first girl I have trouble singing in front of, she makes me blush constantly, and her smile makes me smile until my face hurts. I could go on and on about this girl, she is just so different. Though she tends to avoid all too personal questions, she is open about everthing else and I respect her about that greatly.

"Where to love?" I called back out to her. I heard her foot steps approached so I turned around.

"Dinner with my..erm...brother" She replied shifting side to side. I cocked my head slightly in confusion. "I promised him we would catch up last week" Marilyn added. She just looked so uncomfertable about the situation.

"Are you ok my dear? You seem a little off today"

"Ed, i'm so nervous! I haven't seen my brother is years and we split on a really bad note...I'm just scared" She looked down, nawing on her lip.

"Would you like me to go with you?" I asked, trying to ease her nerves. She shook her head.

"No, you're playing tonight remember? I'll manage. He should be here any second now actually" 

"I'll walk you out to his car then, if anything goes wrong call me on this phone" I handed her a cheap little pay phone and watched her slip it into her purse. A car honked repeatedly outside and Marilyn glanced over to the door. 

"He's here" She sighed directing her gaze to me. I smiled at her sweetly and pulled her in for an embrace. I hugged her tight and kissed the top of her head. "I'll call you when show is over, you callme if anything is wrong" I whispered into her hair. She smelt of sweet cotton. Marilyn nuzzled into my neck until another honk tore us apart. I walked her down my small driveway and to the car. Her brother stared at us. He looked a tad older, looked much like a business man, high class type of folk.

"Hello Mari and friend" He said the last word with a ounce of venom.

"Hello Clay" Marilyn said coldy. I stuck my hand out to shake his but he rudely denied it.

"Well anyways, I'm Ed Sheeran. Nice to meet you Clay" I said acting my best to be nice for Marilyns sake.

"Yes I've heard of you and your music. 'Smoking on roll ups' and singing about prostitutes and what not" Clay eyed me, scowling.

"That's enough Clay! Seriously!" Marilyn said. She turned to me and mouthed sorry and hugged me once more before getting into the passenger seat with that prick brother of hers.

Marilyns P.O.V

We arrived at the resturaunt, think tension in the air. I scurried off inside, Clay trying his best to keep up. The waiter showed us to our booth and gave us menus. Clay and I sat across from each other, he made the first move to talk.