Chapter one - last day of summer vacation

I woke up by my alarm buzzing on my ear, it's 11 am and the last day of my summer vacation. I can't believe it passed so fast.

I'm glad it's the last year, and I will never have to see those people again.

I sat on the bed and I checked my phone, I have a message, it’sfrom  Jim.

10:23am*morning Lara, can I pass by? maybe lunch? *

Jim is my best friend we do the most random things together and he's fine... I mean he's the only person that actually likes me the way I am so...

11:13am *sure, pool?*

11:14am *I'm so down...coming*

I get up and changed my pyjamas to some shorts and a black t-shirt, not very different from what I was wearing, but I'm dressed anyway. I entered my bathroom and I wash my face and brush my teeth, after that i get my long and wavy hair in a messy bun and I'm ready.

I open my bathroom door and Maria is already making my bed.

"Maria I told you, I can make my own bed, I'm not Ethan and not a baby anymore." 

" I know miss Lara but it's my job and now you two are all grown up and I still want to take care of my little... kids "

I give her a small laugh, she knows me better than my own mother, she took care of me and my brother since we were six years old, she's so nice and sweet, one of the few people I love in this world.

"I don't want you to make my bed, that's it... you can do all of the rest."

"Are you sure miss?" She stops putting the last pillow on the top of the bed.

"It's Lara, twelve  years Maria, twelve freaking years." I put my shoes on, the black Vans, and i get up.

"Language." She says on a mom tone.

"Sorry... I'm kind of hungry I'm going downstairs." I open my room door and I make my way to go to the kitchen.

I passed on Ethan's room and I knocked on the door, I don't know why because I never do that, but I did.

"Yes?" He screams from inside of the room

"Did you ate already?" I ask him

He opens the door with a surprised face " Why are you asking?" He's shirtless and he scrubs his eyes.

" I just wanted to know..." I look at my hands and play with my own fingers.

" What do you want? " He bends sideways on the wall

"Jeez, I just wanted to take breakfast with you." I turn away and keep walking the hallway.

"Wait! fine, I didn't ate anyway." He runs through the hallway to meet me

"Forget it! it's fine I can eat alone, I'm used to it anyway..."

"Not today, sis. "

****

Ethan is going out today with is jerk friends, and he's taking a shower right now. Ethan is eleven months older than me, and a pain in the ass. A brother in the same school is not very pleasant, especially Ethan and he's on the football team. I can say that it actually looks like in the movies where he's the God of the school and since he failed last year he's on school again, and he will probably stay in my classes, great.

My parents wanted to change him from the school we are on now, but he always had a strong opinion when it touches speaking with my parents, they always give us what we want, so it was not a problem for Ethan.