Chapter Three//Paranoia

"When you smoke the herd, it reveals yourself."

~Bob Marley

.

.

.

.

.

.

So, your most probably wondering about this Chresanto character, is he the one to save Jacob from himself, is he going to torment our depressed friend ? Well I can't answer that, but I can tell you what he was doing earlier in the day (up until he meets Jacob)

"Ni**a pass the blunt !"

"Nah man, don't rush me. I'm the one who brought it !"

" I told you I'm gonna pay you back, damn."

"Just shut up, you blowin' my high."

Chresanto and his best friend, Elijah, where smoking in his room. Those two are the type of people your parents probably told you to stay always from, but there was one main difference between the two. Even though they both engaged in illegal activities, Chresanto refused to ever take any bodies life, he doesn't even like what he does he only does it because he knows his mother need help with bills and keeping the house in check and no normal job will give him the money stealing or selling will.

On a normal day he'd do runs for the older men in the neighbourhood, after that he gives the money back to them and he gets his cut of money and maybe a little something extra. But today was a different story. His mom really appreciated what her son did to help but knew of she let this carry on for any longer he'd end up in jail or even worse, dead. So she signed him up for a new school on he ' good side of the tracks' so he can fpget away from violent distractions. His mom new he was smart but he didn't show it else he would be labeled a nerd so getting away from people with that mentality was just what he needed.

"Chresanto you better get ready for school instead of smoking in here like you Bob Marley and Elijah you better get home before I tell your mom what you really doing when your supposed to be at bible study."

After Elijah left Chres took his time getting ready for his new school. The teen barely are breakfast ad had liked to get to school early to gave time to himself. He said goodbye to his mom and siblings before leaving home ( not forgetting to leave ($100 on the kitchen table)

***

Chres had already made friends with a girl called Zonnique she was fairly pretty and really sweet. As she was showing him to his locker everyone behind them parted way for someone. Before he could look back Chresanto was pulled to the side.

"That's Jacob, he's gay and well a little coo coo. Everyone stays away from him except thus one dude Rayan but he's as weird as Jacob he dresses like a homeless kid yet he has to be like the richest person here."

"Oh."

When Roc saw Jacob he didn't see a freak , he saw someone that's misunderstood. He was hypnotised my Jacob, he watched all his movements, the was he would murmur things to himself and shake his head at times. He didn't know why but he wanted to get to know him.

All of a sudden he held his hands to his ears and started crying and pleading for something to stop. When everyone filmed and laughed set the boy, Chres' body filled with anger.

"Why is everyone doing this ?"

"I don't know Chres, hey follow me to those guys over there ?"

"No. I'm out."