Prologue: The Grown Up Rainbow

Prologue

When you're younger you learn the colors of the rainbow and you can associate them with things like red for apple or for a firetruck.

Colors can can also represent an emotion. A light blue can resemble calmness and a darker blue can show that you are sad. 

Colors can also be mixed to create something entirely brand new and meaningful. Red and blue make purple when they're added together.

Those colors that you learn about mean so much. They make up your world to give it this vibrant life.

Red is no longer that shiny crisp apple that your mother tells you that you need to eat more of or that firetruck you watch racing down the street to go save a life. Blue is no longer a way to express emotion. That purple you were so excited to have made in primary is no longer just a cool thing that you were able to discover. 

Red can now mean that one would give you a lap dance or if you wanted one. 

Blue lets you know that a person has given or would give a guy oral sex.

And purple means that a person would kiss a boy or a girl and that they have no preference. 

There are more colors, of course. If the world was only made up of three then we'd be living in quite a boring place. The colors you knew to be innocent, just as you were, also grow up with you and show off to this same world that you are no longer an innocent child fascinated by colour. 

You are now judged on your reputation all because of these little coloured bracelets, whether you wanted to wear them or not. 

So, you'll notice that this was once a Narry story that I had before but I'm bringing it back as an entirely new Lashton story!