Chapter 5- Locked Doors

Chapter 5-Locked Doors

I looked across the room filled with people sitting on lunch tables hoping I wouldn't find an empty seat at their table. I sighed quietly and walked slowly around the isles. I looked out the tall windows and outside were tables where no one was to be found out there. It was the only place that seemed, welcoming. I pushed the door open and I sat on an empty lunch table as I plugged my earphones into my iPod.

I blasted music loudly that it blocked out the horrible world around me. Everyone thought I was a freak, but I didn't care, or did I? The world did hate me. No one ever cared. Mom was always at work and I didn't have any friends. Liam, Louis, Niall, Zayn, and Erin weren't the best friends I would picture. Harry was a friend, or almost friend. He definitely was not what I expected.

Then I took out my notebook I've been doodling on earlier. I opened up to the page from where I made that collage of lyrics. I smiled at the memory of Harry's face close to mine. I started drawing random things on the corners of the pages. Then suddenly, I looked up at the light grey sky and then droplets of water came falling down on me. I hated the weather here.

I shoved everything into my bag as the rain began to fall harder. I heard people laughing and snickering inside the cafeteria but I wasn't paying attention. I ran to the door and tried to push it open, but it wouldn't budge. I started pounding on the door and yelled, "Hey! Can someone open the door?" No one replied and just started laughing. I starred back at the window to see the whole school laughing at me. I searched the room for the one who I thought would save me in these kind of situations, Harry.

I saw a flash of curls at the corner of my eye and of course it was Harry. He was laughing along with the rest of them. I wanted to cry right then and there, but I knew it would humiliate myself even more. I hate them. I hate the school. I hate the town. I hate Harry. I said it. I hate Harry. A tear rolled down my cheek, but it wasn't noticeable in the rain. I just knocked on the door lightly as I waited for someone to open the door. I hate everyone at that moment.

Finally, Erin showed up and ran to open the door for me. "Thank god!"I gasped,"No one would open the fucking door for me,"I said as I ran to my locker. I was dripping wet and everyone began to quiet down.

Erin followed me and said, "You know why people don't eat out there? Because it always locks when it closes,"

"I'm so stupid,"I said as I took out my P.E. clothes as my only extra clothes. My P.E. clothes was a baggy shirt and some really short shorts.

"You're going to wear that?"She questioned and said with a little sass.

"It's the only thing I have,"I said as I walked to the nearest bathroom.

"But it's freezing cold and people will say something for sure,"She whispered.

"I don't really think its the time to care about what people think,"I said as I pushed open an empty stall and changed into the clothes. After I changed, I tied my hair up into a messy bun and as soon as I was about to leave the bathroom, I heard a group of girls say my name inside. Erin and I stayed behind the wall next to the door and listened to what they were saying.

"That Stella bitch needs to get a life,"One of the said.

"I know right, all she is trying to do is get into Harry's pants,"Another muttered, they all laughed.

"She's so stupid. I feel bad for Harry, he has another annoying slut to worry about,"At that moment, I couldn't control my anger building up inside me. I had my fists clenched up together and my face turned red. Erin pulled me back and mouthed, "Let's go." We left the bathroom quietly and went out to see people starring at me again. Erin and I walked to our lockers and went into Science class, a class we had with Harry.

I looked down the whole time as I walked down the small isle of tables. Harry was already there and I knew he was looking at me, everyone was. I couldn't help but lightly blush and plop down on my chair until I fell face forward on the floor. The class laughed and I just had enough of this shit. One girl from the bathroom earlier tripped me on purpose, for she knew I was eavesdropping. She smiled innocently and mouthed, "Oops! My bad!"

"What's your problem?"Erin yelled.

"It was an accident,"The girl said. I rolled my eyes and I pushed Erin back to keep her out of this fight and ignore her.

"Are you ok?"Erin asked.

"I'm fine,"

Then, Harry turned around and smiled brightly at me. "Wow, you actually put something on correctly!"

I smiled and rolled my eyes, "Shut up."There was a piece of hair in my face so I let my bun down and let my damp brown locks fall down on my shoulders. I retied it quickly and I noticed, Harry was still turned around looking at me. I acted like I didn't know and it was my turn to tell him what I've been dying to tell him.

"Stop checking me out,"I winked and he turned around quickly and I knew he was blushing, or I hoped he was.