Chapter 25

Third person POV

~the reunion~

"Guys! Hi!" Kaya greeted Y/N, Dylan, and Stella came. She gave them a hug and lead them to the table. Seriously? They rented a venue just for a high school reunion? The Y/H/C haired girl thought to herself as she looked around the huge place.

Y/N's scrunched face instantly shifted into a 'I gotta hide' look when she sees the couple that bothered her the most going to their table. The couple weren't looking at the table she's sitting on so she sneakily dropped her handkerchief purposely just to let her friends think she accidentally dropped it. "Dropped my handkerchief, whoops." She said as she bowed down to hide, pretending that she's finding her hanky.

Dylan noticed and looked down at her in confusion, like mentally asking her what is she doing. She shushed Dylan silently, "Just don't let them see me." The Y/E/C eyed girl whispered. "Why?" Dylan asked silently. "Just don't mind me! Thomas'll notice!" She shouted- whisper at Dylan. 

The brunette boy ignored her alright, but it was too late. 

"Y/N?" Thomas suddenly appeared in front of the Y/H/C haired girl. She slowly looked up at the boy who's towering over her and gave him a 'surprised' smile "Oh hey!!" She greeted like nothing is going on. "What are you doing under the table?" 

"N-Nothing I was j-just finding my handkerchief, that's all!" She continued to give him a fake smile of an idiot pretending that she wasn't hiding from him. "Ehmm, you're already holding it." Thomas stated as he pointed the hanky in Y/N's hand.

Y/N looked the hand that was holding the handkerchief, "Ohh would ya look at that, I found it." She chuckled nervously while she gets back to her seat.

This is so awkward.. she thought. She exhaled silently and put up a forced smile.

Don't worry Y/N, after their conversation they will leave. Just be patient.. she said to herself.

But they didn't leave their table. In fact, they joined them, eating their food on their table while talking about their lives.

Y/N stayed silent the whole time, until Ben, Kaya's ex, approached them, "Hello! Good to see you! Sorry to interrupt your conversation but your old band has to perform now." He said. It looked like The three of them, Stella, Kaya, and Dylan, knew about it since they are already getting ready and standing up from their seats.

"W-wait, we have a performance?" There attention turned to Y/N who has no clue on what was going on. "Oh, didn't Stella tell you about it?" Dylan asked. Y/N gave Stella a look that was saying, 'Be thankful that there's a lot of people here, if there aren't any, I'll beat the shuck outta you' while the hazel haired girl was avoiding her eye contact, "No, she forgot to tell me this little detail."

"Yeah, well.. Too late!" Stella yanked her up, but Y/N refuses. "W-Wha- no way!" Y/N tried to pull back her arm. "Why not?" Stella argued. "I only came here for the sake of you three! Not for performing!" Y/N protested. Thomas on the other hand, is trying not to bust out of laughter.

Y/N won't budge at all, so they did what they only have in their minds: Bribery.

"If you perform with us, then we promise not to bother you when it comes to these type of events and let you be." Kaya bribed. The Y/E/C eyed girl sighed, "You'll leave me alone?" She cocked a brow on them. They all nodded in unison with puppy eyes. Seriously? They're gonna use puppy eyes on me? Y/N thought to herself. But she huffed in defeat and said, "Fine. Get it over with."

With that, she let Stella pull her to the stage. Once again, claps and cheers were heard like any other performances they have done. "Hey, why isn't Thomas here? I mean he was also in the band, right?" Asked Y/N who is grabbing the guitar. "Do you want him here?" Dylan asked as he grabbed his drumsticks. "N-no, I was just wondering, that's all." She confirmed.

But suddenly, Stella announced something through he mic, "Hey Sangster!" Thomas looked at Stella who was speaking through the microphone, "Since you used to be with us.." she paused and glanced at Y/N who has her eyes widen and shaking her head vigorously. Stella smirked and continued, "I want you to perform with us."

Thomas looked at Sierra who gave her a reassuring smile, like telling him to go and join them. Thomas nodded as he head up to tthe make shift stage.

In the process, the Y/H/C haired girl smacked Stella's arm. While Stella just laughed. Thomas got on the stage and gave Stella, Kaya, and Dylan a short hug.

While he was getting the bass guitar, Dylan quietly made fun of Y/N. She glared at him and flicked him while he was still silently laughing. "Alright what song should we play?" She asked as she got over it. "Do you know Decode by Paramore?" Thomas suggested.

"I'm okay with any songs," Y/N shrugged. "Guess that's okay.." Kaya answered.

Without a word, they already started the song.

(Play it↑↑)

How can I decide what's right
When you're clouding up my mind?
I can't win your losing fight
All the time

Not gonna ever own what's mine
When you're always taking sides
But you won't take away my pride
No, not this time
Not this time

How did we get here?
When I used to know you so well
How did we get here?
Well, I think I know how

The truth is hiding in your eyes
And it's hanging on your tongue
Just boiling in my blood
But you think that I can't see
What kind of man that you are
If you're a man at all
Well, I will figure this one out
On my own
(I'm screaming, "I love you so")
On my own
(My thoughts you can't decode)

How did we get here?
When I used to know you so well, yeah
How did we get here?
Well, I think I know how

Do you see what we've done?
We've gone and made such fools
Of ourselves
Do you see what we've done?
We've gone and made such fools
Of ourselves

How did we get here?
When I used to know you so well, yeah, yeah
Well, how did we get here?
When I used to know you so well.
I think I know
I think I know

There is something I see in you
It might kill me
But I want it to be true