Chapter 13

Chapter 13

**Word of the day: Precipitancy**

“Matthew,” Mr Allen said in a grave voice.

“Sir,” I replied equally as sullenly

“Matthew” He said again “How can I help you if you don’t help yourself?” He asked

“I don’t know”

“Matthew, you need to help me out here”

“Kick me out then” I replied “I know you want to”

“No Matthew, you want me to and I’m not here to do what you want,” damn I thought to myself. Why won’t this old fool kick me out already? “This is what we’re going to do. You’re going to be in detention everyday cleaning chewing gum from under the table until you can prove that you’re willing to give this school a chance”

Crap, I thought to myself. All that effort and this dude is still not kicking me out, I guess I need to try harder.

“Do you understand Matthew?”

“Hmm?”

“You will be in detention until you prove you are ready to change, I was given express instructions not to kick you out, so I’m not. Unlike you I do not have a precipitance nature; I think you’ll find that I’m very patient.

“Whatever”

With that I turned on my heels and left the room.

If embarrassing Mr Allen in front of the school board of governors was not sufficient to kick me out of Bletchley Manor then I don’t know what is.

“Good evening Matthew” Mr Edgeton drawled as I walked into his chemistry class late “to what do I owe the pleasure of you joining us?”

“I was with Mr Allen sir”

“That’s no excuse; see me at the end of the day”

I silently cursed until I remembered I already had a detention.

“Sorry sir, no can do. I’ve got other plans”

“Really? What might be more important than your detention with me?”

“A date with Mr Allen sir. You see we just can’t get enough of each other” I smiled. By this point Mr Edgeton was getting more and more worked up as his face was becoming redder. I guess I should probably stop now.

“Less of the cheek Matthew” He said sternly “and be warned, you will serve your detention with me”

“I look forward to it sir”

He then proceeded with the lesson but to be honest I switched of when he started talking about monomers reacting to form polymers which are in wide use today such as polyethene.  To be honest, I don’t really care about chemistry and I know I’m not going to do the bloody subject at A level. As I was bored I decided to text Nick

**

M: Save me >.<

N: Lol what’s up?

M: Chem -_-

N: Poor you

M: How’s life anyway?

N: Meh how’s Retch Manor?

M: Don’t even ask man, the dumb head teacher won’t even kick me out

N: Lol, what did you do?

M: I took the place of some neek when the school governors came. I guess I gave the school a bad name.

N: Looool Matt man, you’re not serious

M: I am!

N: Yeah, yeah. Anyway Rice is on detention watch and I don’t want her to see my phone so laters.

M: Laters

**

I spent the rest of the lesson trying to get my head around fractional distillation and cracking but for some reason it wasn’t going in. Chemistry really isn’t my thing. To be honest, I don’t really like science in general. My mind kept wandering back to Niyah because I was bored, and I felt an ache that I might not see her again. The image of her light brown hair against her fair skin kept popping into my mind and I was determined, in fact I’m still determined to get into her pants.

“Adams!”  Mr Edgeton barked, spraying his spit on my face. I made a point of wiping my face before replying

“Sir”

“Would you like to explain the process of cracking to me?”

“I would sir but since you’re the teacher shouldn’t you be explaining it to everyone else?”

“Less of your cheek Adams, just get on with it”

“To be quite honest sir” I said “I don’t actually know what the process of cracking is but if you’d be so kind to explain it to me then I’m sure I’ll learn it” I smiled.

“Adams” sir said, suddenly more serious “you can’t afford to be a clown your whole life you know. You need to find a focus at some point, and it starts here at school”

“Sir, honestly chemistry just isn’t my thing. I think it’s just jealous of my relationship with biology” I joked. At this point Mr Edgeton just sighed and proceeded with the lesson.

I guess he’s right about me finding some sort of focus but right now I just have no idea of what I want to do.

At the end of the day I reported to Mr Barton’s office to begin my detention. After giving me strict instructions that there was not to be a single scrap of gum left under the table, I went to Einstein 8 and started scraping the gum from under the table. Whilst I was there, I checked out the form notice board and I was surprised to see that I was in Lilia’s form room and even more surprised to see that Niyah was in the form picture. I made a mental note to find out if Lilia knew why Niyah left because she was really elusive about her reasons for leaving.

*****************************************************************************************

Author’s note

Thanks for reading you guys xx

****************************************************************************************

Book of the week

It’s another JLS fanfic, don’t hate I love JLS. Anyway here it is- Will the stars align for me and you by @momentlikethis

*************************************************************************************