Chapter 8

Chapter 8

**Word of the day: ??**

“Matthew! I thought you got lost- either that or you were doing a number two.” Daisy said when I finally got back to the room.

“Yeah, sorry I kind of got lost...” I trailed off.  I didn’t want to tell Daisy about the conversation I overheard just yet. I mean it’s probably nothing but I don’t want to cause problems in the family when I’ve just moved here.

“Helloooo!” Daisy said, interrupting my train of thoughts. “Earth to Matthew”

“Uh, yeah” I replied

“Mum told me to tell you that your Dad has gone and food should be ready soon. Anyways, I’ve got to leave you; I’ve got a plethora of things to do.” Daisy reeled this of very quickly so it was actually hard for me to understand what she is saying.”

“Uh, yeah” I hesitantly replied.

I watched Daisy turn away and make her way into her room before I pulled the door knob and went to my room. I didn’t know what to expect in the room but I certainly wasn’t expecting what I saw when I went into the room. Now, I didn’t live in poverty or anything but this room makes my old room look like a hovel. To be fair I didn’t really make much of an effort with it but still. When I went into the room after taking in the sheer size of it the first thing I noticed was that there was a big A3 poster on the wall. Now, correct me if I’m wrong but I thought people normally put posters on their walls. Why is there a massive A3 book?

I tentatively walked towards the book and pulled it from where it was hanging on the wall. ‘The Millers’ I read on the front page. What? I thought. Then I noticed a sticky note on the book- ‘this is so that you don’t forget who we all are. A Miller x’

I quickly flicked through the book. Each page had a picture and a quick profile of the Millers.

It felt like I had a plethora of learning to do but I braved it and flicked through the book. First of all are the parents, Wayne and Ama Miller. They are both highly successful people since Ama has many branches of her hairdressing salon all over the UK and Wayne is a property developer with properties in the UK and Egypt. Then there is the oldest daughter Amari who is Twenty and is studying chemical engineering at university. Next, there is Bailey who is Eighteen and doing art in college and Lilia who is Fifteen and preparing for her GCSE’s. There is then Thirteen year old Daisy and Eleven year old Efie who loves music. Finally there are the six year old twins Kiki and Cherry. As if that wasn’t enough to add to the plethora of things I had to do, I also had to learn the names of the people who looked after the house, there were Hannah and Mary for example but they were maids. There were loads more people I still had to work out who was who.

Now, Lilia seems like an interesting person. Her page was the brightest and most colourful of everyone’s. Also, she didn’t really say much about herself. All I know is that she’s in her GCSE year; I don’t even know what subjects she’s doing or anything. Her picture is pretty hot as well. I want to meet her actually

**

There was then a knock at my door.

“Matthew” Kiki and Cherry both whispered

“Yes” I whispered back

“Mummy said that we should tell you that food is ready” Kiki said whilst pulling on her pigtails

“OK, then. Which one of you lovely ladies wants to escort me to dinner then?” I asked

“Me, me” They both squealed

“OK, I guess you can both do it” I smiled

I took both of them by the hand and allowed them to lead me to the dining room.

On our way there I was still wondering about this Lilia. Am I going to get to meet her soon?

**********************************************************************************

Author’s note

Arrrgh! Here’s your upload. I don’t know it might be crappy but hey. I have a plethora of things to do so *shrugs*. Je suis désolée *forgive me?*. Anyways, can you guys guess what the word of the day is? I’ve used it loads...

**********************************************************************************

Book of the week

Selling the pretty boys secrets @glitterANDgold

Oh yeah the next part is a contest...