Chapter 12

Chapter 12

**Word of the day: pestilent**

“Rise and shine sunshine!” Lilia called whilst she pulled open the curtains, blinding me with the sunlight. Damn the fact it’s technically summer and it’s light in the morning I groaned.

“Urrgh,” I groaned “what time is it?” I asked as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes

“5.30,” she smiled sweetly. I don’t understand how this girl is so damn chirpy in the morning. Though, she did look adorable with her curly hair forced into a messy bun for bed.

“Do I have to get up now?” I moaned.

“Well, you need to shower and get ready so we can leave at 6.50,” she said

“But, but-” I tried.

“Listen buster, at 6.45 you need to be sitting in that car and be warned, I’ll drag you there if I have to” she added. I had to hold back a laugh. A little midget girl getting angry at me is quite funny to be honest. The way her green eyes suddenly got darker with the anger is quite sweet as well.

“Excuse me,” she fumed “are you listening to me?” she asked.

“Sure I am,” I replied.

“Humph” she sighed “I give up with you, just be ready and in the car by 6.45” she said as she left the room.

She left my room muttering something about me being pestilent. Love you to I thought to myself.

When she left I got up and pulled on my boxers before making my way to the bathroom because I didn’t want to knock out any of the ladies in the house with my package. I got ready and went back to my room to pull on my new uniform. I honestly didn’t think that any uniform could be worse than St Luke’s but then to be fair with a name like Bletchley Manor it’s no surprise that the uniform looks like sick. I mean grey is OK but it’s a really disgusting grey which is enough to make anyone look ugly. I decided to ditch the grey trousers and wear my own black trousers. I also noticed that Auntie Ama had bought me new shoes as well but there was no way I’m going to look like a gay choir boy so I pulled on my black converse.

When I was ready I went downstairs to grab breakfast before we left. I opened the door and I was greeted by Mary fussing around sorting out our breakfast and lunches by the looks of it.

“I didn’t know what you’d like” she said “but I’ve made lots of toast and there’s plenty of eggs and bacon as well so help yourself OK” she smiled “and also Mrs Miller said I should give you this for lunch since she imagines that you’ll buy lunch” she said as she pressed a five pound note into my hand. Just as I finished my egg and bacon sandwich Lilia appeared at the door of the kitchen

“You ready?” she asked

“Yeah, I’m done” I replied “cheers Mary” I called over my shoulder as we left the room.

The journey to school was pretty uneventful apart from the fact I had to listen to Lilia’s horrendous singing for the whole journey.

“Have a good day sir and miss” Alfred said as he pulled up to the school gates. I took one look at the prison like fence around the school and the old fashioned school building and realised I wasn’t going to fit in there. I mean, their motto is ‘Gloria in excelis deo”, what the hell does that even mean?

The students also looked like posh stuck up kids who wear black ties on a regular basis whilst my shirt was untucked and my tie was definitely not neatly tied. I don’t even know how to do a flipping Windsor not so it just hangs; if I don’t have a problem with it then I don’t see why it should bother the teachers.

“See you loser,” Lilia said as she made her way towards a group of loud, giggling and quite frankly pretentious looking girls who I assumed were her friends.

“Wait!” I called after her “aren’t you going to show me around?” I asked

“Nope” she replied before turning around and resuming her conversation with her friends.

Fine, I thought to myself, I don’t need anyone anyway. I then looked in my bag for the map I had of the school and decided to put my geography skills to the test. I quickly located the reception on the map and made my way there.

“Name?” the receptionist asked without even looking up from her computer screen to address me.

“Matthew” I replied

“Matthew what?” she asked rather impatiently.

“Oh sorry, Matthew Adams. I’m new” I quickly added

“Oh OK” she replied “give me one minute to process your timetable and I guess you might as well go in for your meeting with Mr Allen” she said as she gestured for me to go through to the head teachers office.

“Matthew” Mr Allen smiled at me- why is he smiling at me I thought, it’s quite a creepy smile as well. I mentally shook myself before replying

“Sir”

“Well Matthew, I just wanted to make you aware that I’ve read your file and thought it best to inform you that we don’t take any nonsense here at Bletchley Manor” he said a lot more sincerely

“Is that it?” I asked.

“Well, that and welcome I guess. Be warned that I shall be keeping a close eye on you” he said.

I can’t believe that I’m already being ‘warned’ when I’ve just got here. I guess I better give the school a decent reason to chuck me out then since it’s inevitable that it’ll happen. I just need to come up with a good plan and then I’ll be out of here for good. Screw being good if I’m already being labelled as a ‘bad boy’

*****************************************************************************************

Book of the week

It’s a JLS fanfic, don’t hate I love JLS. Anyway here it is- One shot by @HannahNichol

*************************************************************************************