XII

A

 bottle of expensive whiskey, half drunk, smashed against the wall, shards flying in all directions. Echo looked around for another thing to throw as she felt the pent-up 'need' thrumming in her body. Again, she screamed through her teeth, slamming her palms on the paint chipped pillar. Fucking McQueen. Or more rightly, not fucking McQueen. His little innocent act was broken. Echo had felt his fingers trace her curves and lust fill his eyes. Samantha couldn't influence what wasn't there, so he found her attractive. He wanted to fuck her. But he had to go and get all saintly and virtuous. How dare he rile her up and then just leave. She'd slammed the door behind him, but that hadn't been satisfactory enough. She began smashing the apartment, rage boiling away. No doubt Mara was enjoying her tantrum, but Echo didn't care. She needed release. She needed sex.

Just as she raised another glass tumbler above her head planning to do more damage to the wall than the object, there was a timid knock on the door. Echo paused and eyed the door suspiciously. Maybe the good Detective had found that the fastest way to fun was through Hell after all. Pulling the door slowly, Echo made sure her breasts was high and firm in her bra once more and the dark lace wasn't twisted from earlier activities. But to her surprise, it wasn't the dashing Detective at her door. She even looked behind the visitor to see if he was lurking.

"Hi." The girl said. She was wearing baggy sweat pants and a baggy t-shirt with a hoodie over the top. She looked like she'd just rolled off the street. Hair a mess and with blotchy eyes, she looked sleep deprived or like she'd cried a bucket of tears. The former was evident when the girl sniffed, wincing as she did.

"Who are you?" Echo asked, not intending to allow her entrance. How had she gotten up here anyway? Jacob didn't let girls looking like this in, and no one would have pointed out the way for her.

"It- It's me... Sarah... from the other night." Echo racked her brains, but so much had happened in such a small time.

"Oh, the cute one." Echo smiled. There was always cute, so she could somewhat guess for the meantime. But nevertheless, Sarah smiled back at her and pushed her hair away from her face. As she did a very sparkly, expensive bracelet glinted in the light. Oh yes, the captured birdie belonging to daddy-trust-fund. Echo smiled with more vigour this time. "So, where's Daddy's-trust-fund? I wouldn't have expected him to let you off your leash."

Sarah's eyes widened in fear as Echo mentioned her boyfriend and she twitched from one foot to the other. "He-... he kicked me out."

"So sad." Echo said after a pause. She didn't open the door any wider, just continued to watch the girl sniffle and jut out her bottom lip. "Well," Echo spoke after a long awkward silence. "If that's all...?" She began to close the door.

"Wait." Sarah slammed a hand on the door to stop it, and then sharply drew it away in pain. But Echo saw enough. Her fingers were snapped at wrong angles and had swollen purple to black. Her nails had disappeared under the balloon like skin.

"Shit." Echo breathed as Sarah hid her hand back under her baggy hoodie.

"Can-... can I come in?" Echo paused for a second before pushing the door wider, allowing Sarah to shuffle past. She didn't smell like a hobo which was about her only good quality at the moment. "I don't mean to be intrusive. I just-... I didn't know where else to go." She perched on one of the few chairs in Echo's place and slumped.

"What happened?" Echo queried and studied Sarah, the way she curled in on herself trying to protect what was left of her broken body. Of course, Echo didn't care what had happened, but if Daddy-trust-fund knew his precious girlfriend was here... well that could be interesting.