An Untrusted/Abandoned Relationship

Selena always wanted a fan club for the merchandise to her fans. Until she met a woman, who was a nurse and the biggest fan of Selena, named Yolanda Saldivar.

Selena and Yolanda became close best friends. They're have a mom and daughter relationship.

As very close that Selena and Yolanda were, Abraham Quintanilla (Selena's father) thinking about starting a fan club in San Antonio
Mr. Quintanilla gave in to Saldívar's requests and she became the fan club's president. Yolanda was promoted as the manager of Selena's clothing boutiques,  Selena Etc.

The fan club had reaches 1,500 members in less than four years,  and eventually grew to over 5,000. It became one of the largest fan loclubs in San Antonio.

Meanwhile Selena's family discovered that Yolanda embezzling money from the fan club and the boutiques. Abraham fired Yolanda.

On March 9, 1995

Selena, Suzette, and her father Abraham had a meeting with Yolanda.

Abraham presented Saldívar with evidence concerning the missing funds. He stated that how Yolanda didn't deny the accusations. Abraham banned Yolanda from contacting Selena

However, Selena don't want their friendship to end, she felt Yolanda was essential to the success of her clothing line in Mexico.

Selena wanted to keep Yolanda close because she had a bank records, statements and financial records necessary for tax records

Yolanda was remained on payroll after the meeting through her termination was pending om the retrieval of the financial records that were stolen.

Later, Yolanda drove all the way to San Antonio to go to a gun shop, named "A Place to Shoot " where she brought a gun.