Amor Prohibido: The Album

Amor Prohibido (Forbidden Love)

1. Amor Prohibido

2. No Me Queda Mas

3. Cobarde

4. Fotos Y Recuerdos

5. El Chico Del Apartamento 512

6. Bidi Bidi Bom Bom

7. Techno Cumbia

8. Tus Desprecios

9. Si Una Vez

10. Ya No

Amor Prohibido was Selena's forth album, released on March 13, 1994

Amor Prohibido is the Tejano cumbia album modernized with synthesizer rich delivery using a minimalist style, was quintessential early 1990s Tejano music.

The album's songs deal with dysfunctional and volatile relationship; the lyrics explore unrequited love, cheating partners, and social division. It equivalently into few love songs.

Amor Prohibido narrates about woman's struggles and triumphs following unsuccessful relationships with men who struggle with commitment.

The album continued the singer's streak. of number one singles on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart with the title track, "Amor Prohibido" to became the most successful US Latin single in 1994.

The feature repeated the following year with "No Me Queda Más, along with "Bidi Bidi Bom Bom" and "Fotos Y Recuerdos" and also topped the US Latin chart and together with "Si Una Vez " are regarded as Selena's signature recordings.

Selena became the one of the biggest US Latin tourings. Amor Prohibido became the first Tejano record to peak at number one on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart remaining in top five for 98 consecutive weeks.

The album holds the record for most weeks at number one on Billboard's Regional Mexican Album chart at 97 nonconsecitive weeks, along crowning the chart.

Amor Prohibido received critical acclaim, considered to be Selena's best work and her band's crowninh achievement. The album received the highest acclaim, and noted by critics to have retained it's innovative spirit into 21st Century.

Amor Prohibido was credited with catapulting Tejano music into mainstream success resulting in sales to listeners.

Amor Prohibido was nominated for Best Mexican American album at the 36Th Grammy Awards. It took the Album of the Year honors at the 1995 TMA's and the Lo Nuestro for Best Regional Mexican album.