Chapter 3

'When I do not step in, when I act like nothing is wrong. I am silently granting permissions. I am allowing it to continue, I am saying that it is okay.When you fell lonely, remember Rose, in life you have a friend that is like a mirror and a shadow. Mirror doesn't lie and shadow never leaves unless there is no light.' Roseanne said to the young high school girl who is in front of here, which is the mirror she face herself. Her phone is ringing and the id caller is Lucas , who would always accompany Roseanne to school. 

" I'm in front of your house right now. Are you ready?" Lucas asked politely not wanting to ruin her morning mood. "I'm on my way" Roseanne replied as she grab an apple on her way out and puts the apple in her bag. " Let's go" Roseanne went out and grabs Lucas arm and run half way through, they talked and laughed together during their journey to school until Lucas saw Jennie's car went past through them and he changes the topic that they were talking to the topic about Jennie, he asked-" Rose, I hope you don't mind that I brought this topic but I am so curious about you." Roseanne lifts one of her eyebrow and replied" about what?" 

"Your friendship with Jennie. I mean do you know that- Roseanne cut his lines by saying " I'm not interested in this topic." And left Lucas hanging there. "You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness. I know that helping one person would not change the whole world, but I'm sure that it could change the world for one person only. Let me help you, please."  Roseanne stood frozen there as Lucas said that,' Why do people think I am suffering when I am with Jennie? Why do people kept asking different questions but having the same meaning? Do I look like I am suffering when I am with her? Nevermind about what people think about your friendship with Jennie, you have the power  to choose what to accept and what to let go.'  Roseanne got lost in her thoughts not knowing that Lucas is in front of her waving his hand until she finally realise about school.

Roseanne grabs Lucas hand harshly and panicked-"HEY LUCAS!!!We're late man!" With that Roseanne quickly rushed to school. Thankfully the school gate is still open or else they will be counted as skipping school and classes without parents notifications. They then rushed to their class, their homeroom teacher was lecturing and shocked to see Roseanne and Lucas being late for school for their status as school as 'The Skilled Senior'. Roseanne and Lucas stood out the most in school for their beauty, skills and their brains. Students loves to ship them as they are always together. Also, most of the students at their school choose them most as their specimen of behaviour. "Detention. Detention for both of you at lunch, no excuses. Go to your seats."  Roseanne sent a hard and sharp glare to Lucas.

                   -----------------------------------------------

"Rose, I'm sorry." Lucas said not wanting to make an eye contact with Roseanne. "It's not your fault that we were late, so need to be sorry. Also, friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness." Roseanne said with a smile plaster on her face with a gentle and sweet tone of voice. 'A friend?' Lucas thought and realises back -"I glared at you in class because I thought that I would be hungry at lunch but to be honest I don't really have any appetite to eat right now, so cool."  She ended with a sweet smile.

                   -----------------------------------------------

Jennie was waiting for Roseanne in front of the school gate thinking maybe she would come to school today, the time that Roseanne used to arrive was ten minutes ago. Jennie was impatiently and some girls came to Jennie. "Hey you're Jennie right? The CEO's child girls, Jennie don't you wanna' go in the gates gonna' be closed soon." The girl asked Jennie with a lollipop in her hand, Jennie just nodded her head forgetting about Roseanne, her own best friend.

During the teachers lecture, Jennie was only thinking about the girls that was with her before school forgetting about Roseanne until Roseanne and Lucas rushed in that brushed her off from her own thoughts. 'Why is that guy always with Rose. I'm her best friend, does Rose still see me as her best friend anymore? Then why is she always with the two guy and one girl at the canteen? Did she forget about the promise? She is keeping it right? I hope she is not lying cause breaking a promise is the same as lying right?' Jennie was in her thoughts and brushed it off when the teacher called out her name.

Today Jennie and Roseanne didn't even talk or meet each other. Now that its lunch time, Jennie didn't know who to sit with since Roseanne always bring her along when lunch. She heard a boy calling her name, she felt relief for having someone who would accompany her eating lunch- "Jennie! Have you seen Rose or Lucas? Or do they got a detention?" The guy who asked for a night movie yesterday asked Jennie about Roseanne, she just nodded not wanting to say any word. The guy and the girl just ran to their classes leaving Jennie standing there alone feeling lost. She lost hope at first but- "Jennie!! Come!!" The same girl who she met in the morning, without her thinking twice she just walked there towards their table and sat with them.

"I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself properly. Hi Jennie, I'm suzy,' she points to herself' and this is Jessica 'she points at the girl who had a ponytail' and this is Ailee 'she points at the girl who wore spectacles' ." Suzy said smiling."I'm Jennie" She said softly and smiled sweetly.

                   -----------------------------------------------

Roseanne has finished her detention along with Lucas. They met Mark and Wendy on their way to the canteen,"So you guys got detention together? For what reason huh?" Wendy asked teasingly with her one eyebrow lifting up. Roseanne laughed and replied that they were just late because she lost in her thoughts for to long that she didn't realise that its almost time to arrive at school, with that she left to go to the canteen but Lucas grabs her arm and ask-"Where are you going? I thought that today was the day where we planned to eat outside? Just us?". Roseanne only had Jennie on her mind and she cancelled the plan and rushed to the canteen finding Jennie with some of her friends. She was about to go and surprise Jennie but she heard her name there was picked during their conversations and they then laughed together. 

'I want to be part of your page, I want to interfere in your story as your loyal best friend. I'm more and more afraid because I'm not like myself before there's no smile on my face. I'm scared to see myself getting weaker. Words I couldn't say until now, I'm sorry. I'm not good enough, sorry for being so small till' the end I couldn't fill you up. Forgive me, I hope you meet someone better than me.'  Roseanne thought and left the canteen leaving the tears she dropped for Jennie.

                   -----------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading my story. Please do vote and leave a comment.