7- The Break-Up

I haven't spoken to Nova since that night. I couldn't, not when she was dealing with so much shit.

It had been two months, sixteen days, eight hours, seventeen minutes and thirty three seconds since I had seen the most beautiful girl on the planet.

And let me tell you it  sucked.

Laura had been hanging out with me, trying to help me get my mind off of Nova. She had really become a good friend.

"Spence!"

"Huh?" I'm whipped back into reality when Laura pokes my cheek.

"What time is your sister getting here?"

"Oh uh, she should be here about noon. Jonas has to take Griffin to the doctor and Lacey wanted to go."

Laura nods her head and goes back to watching tv.

Lacey and Jonas had adopted a little boy from Africa. He was only three and they loved him so much. I loved watching Lacey take care of him. She was a great mom. And Jonas -surprisingly- was a fantastic father. With how immature he can be sometimes, he really has pulled through for Lacey and Griffin.

Glancing at the clock on the wall and seeing as it was only half past ten I decided to talk a walk to clear my head.

"Hey I'm gonna head out. I need to clear my head"

Laura smiles at me.

"Take your time Spence."

I get up and throw on a hoodie and my nikes before leaving my apartment.

Once I step outside the cold air hits me like a brick. I put my hood up and stuff my hands in my pockets. I start walking in a random direction, with no destination in mind. I just walked.

As much as I tried I still couldn't get her out of my mind. All I could see was her long silky hair, or her bright blue eyes, or her pink full, kissable lips.

I shake my head trying to remove her. I was seriously going crazy.

I was so distracted that I didn't see a person in front of me, we bumped into each other.

"Oh shit I'm so sorry"

"Pencer!" Hallie yells.

I look down at the little girl hugging my legs, then up to who she was with.

I swear my heart stopped.

"Hey Novs"

She was stunning. Her hair was in a high pony tail, she was wearing jeans that hugged her legs, accentuating her round butt. She paired it with a pair of uggs and a flannel shirt.

"Hi Spence" she says with a smile.

"What are you guys doing out?"

"We actually were on our way to see you"

I was stunned.

I couldn't produce words. She was coming to see me?

"Y-you were coming to see me?"

Nova nods her head.

"Oh, well uh, I live this way"  I stammer.

She giggles at me as she grabs Hallies hand and follows me down the street.

**

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" I ask stepping into my kitchen.

"Just waters fine" Nova responds meekly.