Prologue: welcome

John pulled the rusty gate back that lead to the turfs. Watching for any movement as he did so. He checked that his daughter, Katie, was behind him. She had the most fear in her eyes, that John had ever seen. John couldn't blame her, she was only six years old. She had seen things no six year old should ever see. John crouched to Katie's height and looked her directly in the eyes. "Katie. Everything will be okay, I promise." John told Katie softly. Katie nodded with a fake smile and with a tear in her eye. John hugged her tightly, but had to break off due to faint rustling in the bushes near them.

John pulled Katie behind him and unholstered his browning Hi-power from his holster. He put his left arm around Katie and aimed his browning at the bushes. "Back-up really slowly, onto the courts." He whispered. Katie nodded and stayed right behind him.

They backed onto the courts, being carful not to make any noise. The rustling stopped, there was silence and john stopped moving and started listening. All of a sudden there was screaming and a gunshot flew right past john. He was shocked for a second but soon came back to reality. "Run!" John shouted before grabbing Katie's hand and running to the gate on the far side of the courts.

John looked back to the bushes and multiple figures had emerged from the bushes. One of them was sprinting while the others had seemed to do more of a fast walk. Then, one of the giant lights for the turf had been turned on and with it more figures emerged from the bushes. John had only now realised that they weren't people, they were infected. Most of their faces mangled, patches of skin missing, tendons had been torn and some of the infected's limbs were missing.

They all seemed to be slow, lumbering and disorganised. Expect for one. This one seemed faster, smarter, stronger and more organised. When John turned back there were even more climbing over the fence by the gate that was free almost a second ago. John grinned to a halt, keeping Katie close by. John pulled out his browning, and aimed his browning at the faster infected. John fired off three rounds, the faster infected dropped straight to the ground.

John had managed to hit the infected, in the chest twice and once in the left leg. But the infected's head immediately snapped up from the ground and gave a blood-curdling snarl. John had two choices: either stay and attempt to kill all of the infected surrounding them. Or run to the fencing and attempt escape. But john only had one thing in mind. Get Katie out of there!

Hey guys I just wanted to make a quick little post here about this story. Really what this is about, is I want you to comment below on what your thoughts are and just give me advice on what you think I should change. Thanks so much for reading I've never done this kind of thing before. So thanks heaps!!

Cheers

The apocalypseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें