Chapter 6

...I soon got distracted by a soft whiny cry that made Levi perk up "w-what is this sound...? Is t-that...?"

I smiled softly and picked the babies up "Yes they are..." Levi put a confused face, arching his brow "t-They...?" I chuckled "it was quite a surprise to say the least...~ say hi to Isabel Carla Ackerman and Adrian Farlan Ackerman..."

Levi then tried to get up to reach for them blindly, but being unbalanced with his shoulder still bandaged to his chest, he fell from the bed before I could do anything and hurt himself again.

I gasped and helped him up again, making him groan in pain "Are you Okay...?? He shook his head "...b-back...head...h-hurts..." he had difficulty breathing and I tried to run to call Hanji but he stopped me "I-I...stay p-please..." "b-but you're hurt...!" He gripped me harder.

I sighed and grabbed a first aid kit that was in the room and tended to his new injuries and treated the opened ones that were already there.

"T-thank you..." "I'm not qualified to be a doctor they'll surely get infected if I let them like that, please let me call Hanji..." he shook his head stubbornly "s-stay here, so I k-know I'm not in s-some kind of fucked up dream..."

I sighed again "fine...you're behaving like a child though..." "child? what child?" "You...rest now..." I let him sleep with his head in my lap, while I caressed his hair gently, tracing the fabric of the bandages.

After a bit I fell asleep as well but I soon got woken up by Levi moaning in discomfort and shivering in his sleep, I tried waking him up but then I noticed his forehead was burning.

I gasped softly as he even started breathing hard "shit...!" I run to grab medicine for fever and a bowl of cold water with a cloth.

I came back and dampened the cloth in the water, dabbing Levi's face gently with it. He sighed and tried to frantically grab whatever he had in front of him, while he lamented my name.

I held his hand gently caressing the back of it "Shh...I'm here..." I made him take his medicine, to which he refused like a child and I had to almost force it down his throat.

In the next few days I had to take care of basically three kids. Levi became pissy and childish due to his fever, he wanted my undevided attention and he pretended everything from me, from food, to water, to bathing him (Yes I had to do that too since he couldn't himself). He wanted me to feed him and would look at me like a hurt puppy if I didn't.

After those few days Levi's fever went down and we could even take off the bandages on his head and eyes for the first time.

I held my breath as I slowly took them off his eyes. When I was done I looked at him and couldn't help but cry softly after seeing his dull and spent eyes for the first time ever after the incident.

Levi hugged and reassured me, letting me cuddle with him. I almost fell asleep in his arms when I head this soft wail again.

"T-they are here...? C-can I...?" He reached for the wail hesitantly "Of course...here..." I put his arm in the best position possible and put Isabel in it.

"c-Can you describe who I'm holding...?" I caressed his head softly "you're holding Isabel...She has my eye shape but your eye colour...she has a cute little nose, like yours, rosey and pouty lips-" "like yours...~" I blushed softly "...y-Yeah like mine...all in all she's gorgeous"

Levi tried to caress every detail of her face and immediately she grabbed his fingers and cooed, looking at him curiously. I saw Levi's face melt and start crying, clutching her tightly but with the utmost care.

I looked in awe as he just broke apart, making me start stroking his face and his hair gently and soothingly "Shh...you don't want to make her sad, hearing you like this..." I tried (note tried) to soothe him with soft spoken words.

He didn't respond, just slowly stopped crying as he looked down, staring into nothing but searching eye contact with Isabel.

"Why me...?" I looked at him sympathetically I-I don't know bu-" he cut me off "I mean I've done pretty bad things but why now...?"

Sighing, I just entered in the bed and brought my arms around him with Adrian in my arms as well "you'll be fine...I promise...I'm sure Hanji's got something to help..."

Levi just leaned against me "what if it's permanent...? I won't get to see our twins grow...I won't get to see you again... I-I won't get to see your shimmering eyes and your pretty smile ever again...it's been so long since I've seen it..." I looked at him sadly "Don't think like that...everything can be fixed...you taught me so..." I planted a warm kiss on Levi's temple, smiling softly the whole time.

"I guess so..." a whiny cry was heard again and I took that as in 'I'm hungry' so I fed them both, before giving Isabel back to Levi "Can you burp her for me...?" He turned his slightly panicked face towards me "I-I don't know w-what to d-do..." I smiled softly "Just pat her gently on the back..."

He awkwardly pat her back and a little cute burp from both babies was heard, making us chuckle a bit.

We then decided it was time for the twins to sleep, so I put them between me and Levi and we cuddled, falling asleep in a second.