Chapter 3

6 Years later

NARUTO'S POV

After the incident with the villagers, Iruka sensei took me in and adopted me as his son.

FLASHBACK

"Naruto." Iruka said.

"Huh."

"How would you feel about being adopted?" He asked.

"By who? No one wants to adopt a monster." I said looking away from him.

"That's not true Naruto. You are not a monster. You are just a misunderstood child who wants a family. I wouldn't be asking if I thought you were a monster. " He said softly.

"Who is it?" I asked sniffing.

"Me."

"Really? You want to adopt me?" I asked.

"Actually I already did. I just have to bring you home with me." Iruka explained smiling down at me.

I felt tears run down my face as I jumped into Irukas arms and hugged him.

"I take that as a yes." He said stroking my hair.

I nodded my head and buries my face into his neck.

END FLASHBACK

"Naruto someone is here to see you." Iruka called from downstairs.

"Coming. " I said.

I ran downstairs and into the living room where I saw Hinata standing with her guard Koji.

"Hey Hinata-chan." I said smiling.

"Hello Naruto-kun." She said blushing slightly.

"Naruto, why don't you and Hinata go play in the backyard for a bit." Iruka suggested.

"Okay tou-san." I said grabbing Hinata's hand and pulling her to the back of the house.

Hinata-chan and I have been getting closer in the last few weeks. She no longer stutters around me and she always tries to help me in my training when I get something wrong. It was while we were training yesterday that I realized that I had a crush on her.

FLASHBACK

Hinata was practicing her Gentle Fist on a dummy while I watched. I noticed that her stance wasn't right for her and that she was having trouble with it.

"Hey Hinata-Chan. Let's take a break. I want to talk to you about your stance. " I said.

"Okay Naruto-kun."

We sat down on the purple blanket she bought and relaxed.

"Hinata do you know any other stances?" I asked.

"No. Why? Is there something wrong?" She asked dropping her head.

"It's just that your Jyuken doesn't suit you. You need an alternate stance that will work with your speed and flexibility. I noticed that you seem to have a hard time causing damage to the post. Maybe you can come up with a style of your own."

"But how?" She asked.

"How about one based off your chakra affinity?"

Hinata paused and thought about it for a second. Then slowly smiled.

"Water." Was all she said before heading to the waterfall that was in front of us.

She took off her jacket and shoes before gently stepping on the water. I watched as she began to dance gracefully like a ballerina.  It was then that it hit me. Hinata was the pretty girl dancing in the waterfall yesterday just outside the village.

"It was you. Your the girl I saw that night at the waterfall yesterday outside the village." I gasped.

"W-what? Y-you saw that?" She asked blushing.

"Yeah. It was an accident though." I confessed rubbing the back of my head.

"It's Okay. I'm not mad. I'm just surprised is all."

"Thanks."

I sat there for half an hour watching her move gracefully across the water stunned at how beautiful she looked. As I watched I felt my heart race in my chest.

She's so beautiful. I think I'm falling for her.

END FLASHBACK

As we sat in the backyard I thought of ways to tell Hinata I loved her.

Tell her Naruto. Tell her how you feel. Don't be a coward.

"Hinata-chan. Would you like to for for a walk with me?" I asked nervously.

"Sure Naruto-kun." She said smiling.

We walked until we reached a beautiful meadow that was full of different flowers.

"It's beautiful." She whispered twirling around the meadow.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and whispered into her ear.

"Not with you standing here in comparison."

She turned around and faced me with a slight blush on her face.

"Y-you mean it?"

"Yes. I've always thought you were beautiful. It was when we were training last week that I realized something." I said looking at her soft lips.

"W-what is it?" She asked as I leaned closer to her lips.

"I love you." I said closing the gap between us.