3 ~ Hallucinations

"LIZETTE WAKE UP!"

I stumbled out my chair to see everyone in the whole classroom was looking at me. Immediately I turned red. I knew they probably heard me scream by the looks on their faces.

"Are you okay? It seemed like you were having a nightmare." Nita said.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a little...surprised. Um...is it time to leave yet?"

Before she had time to answer, the final bell rang, indicating school is now finished and my freedom can now begin.

I was the first one out the classroom, still embarrassed that I screamed in front of everyone. They all probably thought I was crazy. And that's a secret that cannot get out. I ran down the stairs, taking the back staircase to avoid running into anyone. But I forgot that it's the last day. And the back staircase is where the couples are.

I am single.

I try my best to go back around to get to the front staircase, trying not to get pushed by the anxious high schoolers wanting to start their summer vacation already. I passed by them, only getting shoved a few times. I made it outside to see Alana waiting for me with Adeline, Samuel, and Lucas, the other three people I have been friends ever since I've entered the hell hole. 

"C'mon Liz. We gotta go."

Damn it. I completely forgot. Last day of school. Which means hang out at the beach.

"Alright. My house right?" I asked.

"You already know girl." Alana said in her ratchet tone.

I laughed. This was my first time laughing today.

"Finally you're smiling. I thought you never will." A familiar voice said behind me.

I turned around to see Tyler. The crush I have had since 9th grade. The most popular boy in the Class of 2014. A boy that chose to hang out with me. I mean who wouldn't want to hang out with Alana. But me? Me? I didn't believe it. I still can't.

Tyler touched my shoulder causing me to shiver at his touch. I tried to cover it up by my moving my shoulders as normal as possible. But I'm pretty sure I made myself look like I had a seizure. 

"Are you okay now?" His green eyes twinkled as he asked. 

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just a weird dream. That's all." I gave him a reassuring look, but deep down I knew I was lying to myself. The dream felt so real. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was really gonna be taken away. 

He nodded, seeing that I was in one of my thinking moods. I guess he saw that I was biting my lips. A habit I did when I was thinking. 

We started to head out for my house to get everything we needed for the beach. Before school, we all met up at my house and they all dropped off their swimsuits. It wasn't a hassle. I mean we didn't bring anything except the textbooks to return. Other than that we brought nothing. We got into Tyler's Ford Escape, and he proceeded to drive to my house. 20 minutes later we finally arrived. 

He pulled into the driveway. We all got out. Before I even got to open the door, my aunt came out to greet us. Or should I say scream?

"HELLO GUYS!!" She screamed. Well not actually. That's just her normal voice. Maybe I exaggerate. I mean I'm used to it so it's really whatever.

"Hi Auntie Alia." Alana said. 

"Hey Auntie."

"Holá Tía." 

She hugged us all especially Samuel. She just loved when he called her Tia. She said it had a nice ring to it, but I told her it means Aunt in Spanish. It's nothing really special. But she still loved it. She said it made her feel 'foreign'. Whatever that's suppose to be.