4. The tower of Ishal

I stayed with Alistair that night.
I never left the post outside his tent. He fought for my honor and was hurt because of me. I thought as I leaned my head on the post and closing my eyes.  How is he doing. A voice called out. I turn to see Duncan approaching with a older women. His fine he's just sleeping. I tell them. Duncan sits next to me while the women goes in the tent. Have you been awake all this time. He asked clearly shocked. I nodded with sigh. I am glad Alistar has found a friend in you. He will need someone like you. He says sincerely. He's certainly a charmer. I say chuckling. If I wasn't a mage I could swear you had magically abilities. A voice called out. The older women stepped out and looked at me.
In the alienage, you had to learn things. Most humans wouldn't heal a "knife ear". I say sadly. Her face falters but quickly a smile appeared on her face. He's awake. She says simply gesturing to his tent. I quietly approached the tent. To see Alistair sitting up shirtless. His eyes fall on to mine and smiled. He pulls on a new shirt. I wanted to thank you. I say simply, gaining a look from him.
Thank me? You saved my life V. He says quietly. I owe you my life V, if anyone deserves thanks it's you. He says approaching me. His eyes are startling beautiful, his smile was infectious. I  thought as he stopped in front of me. So close I could feel his warmth. I grabbed his wrist holding my gaze to the ground. Before I meet you, I wanted the hang man's noose. I never believed a human could see me as a person, just property. Thank you Alistar. I say I turned slightly and let go of his wrist and was surprised when he crushed me into a hug. Valena, you are so much more. He says pulling away. His face was red.  Ahem, no if you two are finished flirting we have a war to win. A voice called out. We turn to see a smiling Duncan. I quickly exit the tent leaving the two men alone. I rushed over to my tent and quickly put on my armor. It was strange looking at the grey warden armor on me.I put my daggers on the holsters on my hip and exit my tent. I notice a angry Alistair mumbling stuff at Duncan. I quietly approached them without Alistair noticing.  What's next the king will want me to wear a  dress and dance around.  He quietly says his voice filled with sarcastic. I would love to see you in a dress. I  say stepping out if the shadows so Alistair could see me.  For you I would, but it would have to be a pretty dress. He says smiling at me. I let out a chuckle. Duncan sighs but he even cracked a smile. You have your orders. Duncan says crossing his arms. Duncan may the maker be with you. Alistar said sadly to Duncan.  Duncan passes Alistar only stopping to put his hand on his shoulder. May the maker be with all of us. Duncan says clearly sad. I look at Alistair and silently observed the man watching Duncan disappear. He looks at me his expression filled with determination. Let's go. He says simply. We quickly approached the bridge when we saw our army lining up. In the distance the foul dark spawn approached. Quickly. Alistair said in my ear. We quietly moved past the archers. We quickly killed the dark spawn stranglers. The sound of the armies crashing filled my ear. Help the towers being taken over. A voice called out. I turn to see a solider and mage running towards us.
Why so much resistance, there wasn't suppose to be any dark spawn here. Alistair says angrily.
I shrugged and gestured to the two men to follow us.
We enter the tower and was shocked at the sight. The smell of death lingered in every corner. We must hurry. I tell Alistair who nods.
We quickly killed all the dark spawn. We even freed the trapped marabi who helped us kill the remaining dark spawn. We entered the last door to light the brazier. That's when  we saw the monster, the monster stood as tall as nine foot. The monsters skin was grey and covered with battle wounds. Flesh and mangled bones between the foul monsters teeth. With a roar the ogre turned to us,looking for his next meal. Alistair and the soldier charged at the foul beast while me and the mage took critical shots. The ogre knocked Alistair backwards sending him flying into the soldier. The ogre charged for him. I had to act quickly, I dropped my  bow and ran sliding in front of Alistair so when the ogre reached for him, it was my body who was picked up and squeezed. The ogre squeezed me so much that my vision blackened. But then I was free thrown into the ground as the ogre fell. Alistair stood above me with concern. I groaned slightly as he helped me up. You owe me a nice strong drink, Alistair. I say chuckling as he blushed at the realization of his hands were on the back of my hips. He quickly let go letting his hands fall to his side. Deal but first we must finish here. He says smiling as him and the mage walked over to light the brazier.
I watched him for a moment when terror filled his eyes.  A hot searing pain came over me. I fell to my knees but not before I saw my comrades fall as well. Alistair crawled to me. He covered my face with his, words whispered threw my ears. And then nothing.