3. The joining

Alistar p.o.v
I saw how Duncan looked at her.  She had the blight and if we didn't hurry she would die. As I marched up the stony steps trailing behind them. I couldn't help but look at the beautiful Elvhen women. My breath caught as the sunbeam crested the tip of the eastern mountain and shone through the cracked rampart of the ruins of Ostagar. It illuminated her hair and face, and for a moment, it was like seeing Andraste in the flesh, hair
glowing gold and eyes that matched the glowing gold hair. Makers breath she's beautiful. I thought. I hated the man that hurt her, why would a man choose to hurt someone so beautiful.
Duncan sat Valena on a small bench and stood up. He brings the joining cup to her and looks at me. Alistar if you would, we only say a few words before the joining. Duncan said looking at the recruits. I said the words softly my eyes lingered on her as she drunk the foul drink. She gagged at first and twitched but she was breathing and as I could tell the dark veins were disappearing. Duncan turned to Daveth who stepped up and placed the cup in his hands. He drunk the blood and immediately started to foam out of the mouth clutching his throat, his eyes rolled in the back of his head...dead. Jory looked scared and back away from Duncan. Please don't. I  thought as tears streamed down his face  he drew his sword. Duncan quickly struck him down..dead.
We turned our attention to our newest recruit. She stirs slightly then slowly opened her eyes. Duncan looked relieved as did I. I slowly helped her up. She was wobbly for a moment but quickly regained her balance. The king has ask for your presence Valena, are you up for that. Duncan asked he's voice filled of concern.  I turned and smiled at her. If the king asked for you personally, I wouldn't keep him waiting, he might get sad and starting crying, it won't be pretty. I say sarcastically. Valena giggled at me and walked away with Duncan. I found myself walking around the ruins, waiting for Valena.
Knife ear fucker. A voice called. Not this idiot again. I  thought angrily.
I turn to see 5 men walking towards me. I stood aggressively hand on my pommel. You will pay for breaking my nose, then that knife ear bitch. He sneered at me. His companion bellowed in laughter. He made his way over to me his chest barely touching mine. Just because grey wardens can't have children doesn't mean a damn thing. By the time the night's of she will be full of my seed. He hissed at me. I felt a hot searing pain in my side. I looked down to see a dagger in my side. I pulled my sword out and swung at the men. When a arrow pinned him to the ramparts. The arrow hung between his now ruined tunic. I turned to see a angry Valena and Duncan standing there. Her eyes lingered on me noticing my side. Her eyes widen and quickly put her bow on the back. Valena take Alistar and mend his wounds. I must have a word with your  brother in arms. Duncan said slightly agitated. The man pinned to the ruins looked down. Valena quickly pulls me to her, allowing me to put my weight on her slender frame.
Are you okay. She asked as we approached her tent. I have had worse. I admit laughing slightly. She pulls me in her tent, motioning for me to lay on her bedroll. She comes over with a bag. She helps me take of my shirt. Her fingers crossed over my abs, working so fast and gentle you would think she was a mage. I  thought. I noticed her lips moving but I wasn't paying attention when I noticed my eyes began to feel heavy. The last thing I remember was her smiling face hovering over mine. Her cool slender fingers on my face..