12- Specimen

Natasha looks at me, "We will have to go somewhere inconspicuous"
I give her a stern look, "You're not going anywhere"
"Cassie, I'm sorry for lying, it was for your own protection" she says to me.
"How can I trust you after this" I say to her.
"You just have to, plus can you really hack that?" She asks me and she had me there her hacking skills were way more advanced then mine.
"Fine meet us at the shopping mall there's an Apple store there we can use a computer" I tell her.
"I'll be there" she then opens the door and leaves.

I walk out the door shortly after and see Steve waiting, "Do you trust her?" He asks.
"She's the only one who knows what's going on and we can't trust anyone else from SHIELD" I tell him.
"Then let's go see what we can find out" he says to me. We then make our way back to the motorcycle.  He starts it up and we make our way to the mall. We get there and he parks the bike. I get off the bike and start digging through my bag.
"Here put these on" I say handing him a pair of glasses and a baseball cap. He puts them on and I put a pair of glasses on as well.

"There you two are" we hear Nat say, " by the way blonde looks good on you" she smiles at me.
"I tried red but it didn't feel right" I say as the three of us head inside. Steve seems to be walking quickly and I almost have to jog to keep up.
"First rule of going on the run is, don't run walk" I say to him as we get to an escalator.
"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off" he says as the three of us head to the Apple store.
"The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are" Natasha tells us and we go over to a computer.
"How much time do we have?" I ask her.
"Uh.. about nine minutes from," she pops the drive into the computer "now" she then says as she begins to type away as I look around for any STRIKE team members.

"Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands"Nat tells us.
"Can you override it?" I ask her.
"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me, slightly. I'm gonna try running a tracer. This program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from" she says as she keeps typing away.

I then spot an employee walking towards us, "follow my lead" I whisper to Steve, as I slip my hand into his.
"Can I help you guys with anything?" He guy asks.
"Oh, no, my sister is helping my fiancé and I with some honeymoon destinations" I say to the guy.
"Right! We're getting married" Steve says smiling as he pulls me close to him.

"Congratulations, where are you guys thinking about honeymooning?" the guy asks. 

I look over at the monitor, "New Jersey" I say.

"Oh" he says as he then looks at Steve, "I have the exact same glasses"
"Wow, you two are practically twins" I joke.
"Yeah I wish. Specimen" the worker says.

"Uh

"Uh.. if you guys need anything. I've been Aaron" he tells us.
"Thank  You" I say as he walks away. Steve and I turn back to Nat, " you said nine minutes, come on" I say to her.
"Shh, relax. I got it" she says and we look at the screen, I read Wheaton, New Jersey.
"You know it?" I ask Steve.
"I used to, Let's go" he answers as he lets go of my hand and takes the drive out.

We leave the store and make our way toward the escalator.
"I'll scout out ahead"  Nat says then disappears into the crowd. I glance around looking for agents.
"Standard tac team. Two behind, two coming straight toward us. If they make us I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro" Steve tells me.
"I'm not leaving you behind" I say to him.
"That was an order, I outrank you" he says.
"Shut up and put your arm around me, laugh at something I said" I tell him.
"What?" He asks me.
"Just do it" I tell him and he quickly does and we let our fake laughs. We make our way to the escalator and I spot Rumlow in the escalator beside us.
We step onto the escalator and I turn and face Steve, " kiss me" I say catching him off guard.
"What" he says surprised.
"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable" I tell him.

"Yes they do" he says. I roll my eyes as I place my hand behind his neck and pull him into a kiss. I feel my heart explode and I sense he feels the same.

We break apart, our faces flushed, "you still uncomfortable" I ask him

"It's not exactly the word I would use" he smiles at me. We manage to make our way out of the mall. We head back towards his motorcycle.
"Nice PDA you two" we hear Nat say. She's holding my bag and Steve's shield.

"We're gonna need a car, your motorcycle is well known" she says as I go be her a look

"We're gonna need a car, your motorcycle is well known" she says as I go be her a look. We look around the parking lot and we find a truck. I unlock it with a tiny bit of energy blast.
"I can jump start it" I say.
"No, don't want to draw to much attention. I got it" Steve says. He gets in the front of the truck and after a few tries it starts. Nat then hops into the front passenger seat and I in the back. Steve drives the car out of the parking lot and we make our way towards New Jersey.