7- Confrontation

We get back to headquarters and I can tell Steve has a lot on his mind. I start to head inside to get changed when I hear Steve call out.
"Cassandra wait, I am going to talk to Fury did you want to come with?" He asks me.
"Yeah I want as many answers as I can get, but first I need to have a quick shower" I tell him.

"Okay I can meet you in 20 minutes then" he says.
"Yeah, I'll be quick" I tell him as we do separate ways.
After having a quick shower I got changed. I grab my phone and quickly check for any calls or messages when I see a news thing had popped up. I smile as I read about the new exhibit at the Smithsonian. I grab the rest of my stuff and decide to meet Steve and get this meeting with Fury over with.

"Hey ready to get this over with?" Steve asks as I catch up to him.
"I am but first I wanted to ask you if you want to go somewhere after?" I ask as we head to Fury's office.
"Is this your way of asking me on a date?" He smiles at me.
"No, I just have something I want you to see that's all" I smile back.
"Okay, as long as I get to drive" he says.
"Okay" I agree as he pushes the door open and we both enter.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying can you" Is the first thing Steve says when we enter.
"I didn't lie Agent Romanoff had a different mission then the two of you" he says as we make our way to his desk.
"Which you didn't feel obliged to share" I say sternly.
He turns back around to face us, "I'm not obliged to do anything"
"Those hostages could have died Nick" I say to him.

"I sent the greatest solider in history and a very powerful women to make sure that didn't happen" he says.
"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns" Steve explains

"The last time I trusted someone I lost an eye. Look I didn't want you two doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything" Nick says to us as he stands up.
"I can't lead a mission when the people I am leading have a mission of their own" Steve says.
"It's call compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secret because nobody knows them all" Nick says

"Except you" I say bitterly.
"You two are wrong about me. I do share. I am nice like that" Nick says. We then follow him out of the room and onto the elevator.
We all step on, "Insight Bay" Nick says.

"Captain Rogers And Agent Austin do not have clearance for Project Insight" the computer says.
"Director override Fury, Nicholas J" Fury replies.
"Confirmed" the computer says back and the elevator begins to move.
"You know they used to play music"Steve says after a few minutes of silence
"Yeah, my grandfather operated one of these things for 40 years. My granddad worked in a nice building, he got good tips. He'd walk home every night, roll of ones stuffed in his lunch bag. He'd say "hi" people would say hi back. Time went on, neighborhood got tougher. He'd say "hi" they'd say "keep on stepping". Granddad got to gripping that lunch bag a little tighter" Nick tells us.
"Did he ever get mugged?" I ask.
Nick gives a small laugh, "Every week some punk would ask what's in the bag"
"What did he do?" Steve asks.
"He'd show'em. Bunch of crumpled ones and a loaded 22 magnum" he smiles and we move around to see that we are entering a giant cargo bay. "Granddad loved people. But he didn't trust them very much"

Steve and I move closer to see a set of Helicarriers, "Yeah I know they are a little bigger then a 22" Nick says to us. I try to read Steve's face and see what he is thinking and I can't. I don't even know myself what to think. We watch jets being loaded on to now weaponized helicarriers. We walk off the elevator and follow Nick.

 We walk off the elevator and follow Nick

"This is Project Insight" he says to us. "Three next generation helicarriers synced to a network of targeting satellites" Nick says as we walk around.

"Launched for the Lemurian Star" Steve says.
"Once we get them invite air then never need to come down. Continuous suborbital flight courtesy of our new repulsive engines" Nick says
"Stark?" I say and we head into a platform. Nick goes on to explain Tony's involvement as I look at Steve his face hardens at all the info we are being given.
"The satellites can read a terrorist DNA before he steps outside his spider hole. We are gonna neutralize a lot of threats before they can eve happen" I catch Nick say once I looked away from Steve.

I walk away from the men trying to take all of this in unsure what to really think. On one hand I understood what Nick was trying to do and on the other this could go into the wrong hands. But with my past trust issues of SHIELD and Nick I wasn't so sure how to really feel about this.