15- Help

"Ugh" Steve moans once the dust settles and he pushed the debris off us.
"You okay?" He asks me.
"Yeah, you" I ask as I lose my force field. I look back at Natasha, "Steve, she needs help" I say. He picks her up and carries her out of the hole.
"We need to get out of here" I say to him. We then see jets go overhead and quickly hide.

"I think I know who can help, let's get to those woods then track a vehicle down" I say to him. He carried Natasha to the woods and gently placed her down.
"Watch her, I'll find a car" he says as he starts to go.
"Steve" I say and he stops and I hug him, "be careful"
"I will" He says as he lets me go and disappears.

I sit down beside Natasha and wait for Steve to come back. Just then Nat starts coughing, "welcome back" I say to her.
"Where's Steve?" She asks as she tries to sit up.
"Went to find us a ride" I tell her.
"We need to get somewhere safe" she says.
"I know someone who can help us" I tell her.

"Okay, I feel like a ton of bricks hit me" she says to me.
"Try a while building" I laugh. We hear a noise and we both stand up. She puts her hands up ready to fight and I create my energy balls.
"It's just me, stand down" we hear Steve say as he comes toward us. Natasha puts her hands down and I make my energy disappear.

"I found a truck for us" he says and we follow him through the woods and spot a truck. We hop in, I let Nat take the backseat to rest some more and I take shotgun beside Steve.
"So who is it that you think can help?" Steve asks.
"You know him, Sam Wilson" I tell him.
"I hope so" he says.
"Go toward my apartment but two streets over" I tell him.
He then starts to drive, "you sure we can trust this guy?" we hear Natasha ask.
"Yes, I have known him for over a year. He's completely trustworthy and has nothing to do with SHIELD" I tell her.
"I hope so" she says.

"If you trust him so do I" Steve says.
"Thanks" I say back. He continues to drive us back towards Washington. I feel my eyes begin to drift close. I lean into Steve and I feel his arm wrap around me. I let myself then go to sleep.

I feel my body being shaken and I slowly open my eyes.
"We are almost there" I hear Steve say.
"Thanks" I say to him.
"Any bad dreams?" Natasha asks me.
"No, you would know if I did" I say to her as I lean away from Steve.
"Looks like someone helps with those" Natasha whispers to me. I let a small smile form on my face.

Steve stops the truck, "we should walk from here" he suggests

"Might be best to take the back door" I then suggest. The three of us get out of the truck and take a back alley. We constantly look over our shoulders to make sure we aren't being followed.
"This is it" I say as I hop a fence. The others follow me and I knock on a back door. We wait a minute and the blind goes up. Sam looks as us then slides the door open.
"Hey Cassie" he says to me.
"I'm sorry about this Sam" I say to him.
"Everyone we know is trying to kill us" Natasha tells him.

He looks us over, "not everyone" he says as he allows us inside

The three of us go inside, "spare room is down the hall, there's a bathroom in there to" Sam says. We head down the hall, "Ladies first" Steve says to us.
"You go ahead Nat, you should freshen up first. You have the most of the dirt" I tell her. She heads to the bathroom in the spare room. Steve and I sit on he bed allowing her space.
"You okay?" I ask Steve.
"Are you?" He asks in reply.
"I really don't know. This is a lot to take in, I know Nat is going to have a lot on her mind" I say to him. He inches closer to me then wraps an arm around my shoulder. I lean my head on him and we just sit in silence, until Nat comes back out.
"Who's next?" She asks.
"You can go Steve, my force field pretty much protected me from most of the debris" I tell him. He lets me go and heads into the bathroom.
"I'm going to go talk to Sam" I say to Natasha.

I get up and leave the room and hear Sam in the kitchen.
"Hey" he says seeing me come into the room.
"Smells good" I say to him.
"Thanks, threes a crowd in there eh" he says as I sit on a bar stool.
"Yeah just a little, plus I'm not as much of a mess. My force field protected me" I tell him.
"So do I get an explanation or is it one of those if you tell me you have to kill me level" he asks me.
"It's a long story" I say.
"I figured that. This is almost done, you should go get them" He then says.

I get back up and go to get Natasha and Steve. I look in to see them having a personal conversation and I feel a slight pain if jealousy.
"Hey, Sam made breakfast for us" I say interrupting them.
"Okay" Nat says as she gets up. "Tell her" I hear her whisper to Steve but I ignore it. She then leaves the room.
"You two okay?" I ask Steve.
"Yeah Natasha is just having doubts I had to reassure her" he says to me.
"I'm not surprised, she has been taught to think one way and tell lies and now it's all crashing down on her" I say to him.
"Yeah" he says as he leaves the room. I try not to think about what Natasha said about telling me something and follow him out and back to the kitchen.