Chapter Ten

I turned at his touch and ran my fingers through my hair. He only smirked, looking my body over and undressing me with his eyes. "Come on man, let's go." Ethan spoke brushing past Moriah and heading to his room. He followed behind him, turning away from me.

Brenda and I continued to discuss the movie while she rambled through my fridge. Turning my head to the left, I noticed Moriah standing by the hall and nodding in my direction, implying for me to meet him. I rose from the couch and made my way down the hall, following his lead. Moriah slid his firm hands over my ass and pressed his lips against mine. The kiss lasted longer than expected, before hearing Brenda's voice in the distance. We quickly broke away from each other and pretended to admire one of the pictures hanging from the wall.

"For a minute, I almost thought you two were kissing. I guess I looked too fast." She laughed, before walking into the restroom. Brenda didn't know how close to the truth she actually was. Almost immediately, when the door shut, Moriah was trying to kiss me again. "No!" I whispered, breaking away. "We're going to get caught."

"So, when then?"

"I don't know... I have a lot going on right now and I just can't."

"I didn't give you anything, Tori..."

"I know, it's just-" I heard the bathroom toilet flush, and paced away quickly.

Taking my seat back on the couch, Moriah sat beside me. "Moriah, you need to leave."

"Why?" He placed his hand on my thigh, and my stomach tightened. The feeling of arousal was strong, and it was something only he could bring. "Because someone will think there's something going on between us."

"There is." He leaned over, but this time my lips met his, followed by my tongue that was craving his taste. He slid his hand under my shirt and caressed my breast while I held his shoulder. I pulled away, sensing how close we were to trouble, and Moriah rose from the couch. A few more seconds of kissing and we would have been fucking in that exact same spot.

Brenda walked back into the living room, holding her keys. "Girl, I have to go. Troy and I have plans."

"But I thought you were spending the day with me."

"I did! Now I have to spend the night with my man. You know how that can be."

I sighed before rising from the couch. "Fine, have fun."

Charles was working a double shift again, so I knew that I wouldn't be seeing him until the next day. The rest of my day was spent cleaning the house and cooking. Since Ethan had left earlier with Moriah, I was my only dinner guest.

Charles promised me that we would go out to dinner tonight, but when I came out of the bedroom dolled up and ready to go, it was another story. "You look beautiful, baby. Where are you going?" He kissed my cheek.

"Charles! Tonight we're supposed to go out!"

"Shit! I forgot..."

"You forgot? We've been talking about this arrangement for a week now! Look, it doesn't matter, just go and get dressed. We still have time to make our reservations."

"Baby, I'm sorry. I'm supposed to be on the clock, in about an hour." He informed me, checking his watch.

I tossed the gold clutch to the side and crossed my arms. "I don't believe this!"

"I'm sorry, Tori. I'll make it up to you... I promise."

"What about this promise, Charles?"

"Ay mom? What- You look nice, where you headed?" Ethan asked, walking in on our dispute.

"Nowhere!" I snapped, storming away from Charles. I noticed Moriah watching me the entire time, as I passed and put more switch into my walk.

     "What are you doing here? I thought you and Charles had plans?" Brenda asked, opening her door.

"He had to work."

"Oh, damn, Tori... sorry to hear that."

"Girl, don't worry about it. I'm used to it."

I entered the apartment while Brenda followed. "So why are you still dressed up?"

"What? I can't keep this dress on? I'm not going to waste a perfectly good outfit, just because Charles is an ass."

"I'm sure he didn't mean to work intentionally."

"Yeah, I bet." I hadn't told Brenda about Charles' affair and didn't plan on it. To her, he had made a careless mistake, but to me, I knew why he couldn't make it, and it wasn't work related. "Maybe I should go home and cook for Ethan... and Moriah." I gave a faint smile, when mentioning his name. Brenda eyed me, while I straightened up my appearance a bit. "Is something going on between you and that boy?" Brenda asked, giving me a look of disgust.

"What? Who? Moriah?!"

"Yeah, Moriah."

"Why would you ask me something like that, Brenda? What kind of person do you think I am? I can't believe you!"

"You know what girl... I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking." She laughed the comment off, while I stood in place.