Chapter 31: Sister's night

I'm looking at all the baby stuff placed in the corner of my room and let out a deep breath, I really need to figure out how I'm going to move to Josh's. I honestly don't care about my mom's opinion now, staying with Josh is the best thing I can do, he's the only one that'll help me get through all of this.

I go in my closet and look for a box, after a few minutes I finally find one and smile to myself. I'm almost done putting all my things in the box when my door opens, I look up and find a cute little Everleigh. "Hi" she smiles brightly closing the door behind herself before walking to me, "Hey" I smile turning my attention back to my task. "Why are you putting all the baby things in the box?" She asks confused, "Because the baby's not here yet and it's just taking too much space" I lie as she nods in understanding.

"Can we hang out?" She asks curiously glancing up at me with her gorgeous blue eyes, "Mom and dad are busy and I'm bored" she explains with a sad smile. "Of course I will" I assure her, causing the biggest smile to invade her lips, "We can have a sister day!" She exclaims making me laugh before nodding. It's not like I had anything else to do on a Saturday, Josh was busy studying for his exams whilst Riley is on a date with Ranger Rick, might as well use this time to hang out with Evs.

"Absolutely, although can we take a nap halfway?" she furrows her brows but nods, "I guess" she giggles making me smile. "Okay before we start we need to get a few things so go put your shoes on and we'll walk to the store" I explain standing up "Okay" she smiles before rushing out of my room. I slip on my boots and walk to my Shawn's office to tell him Evs and I are going out. "Dad?" I knock on his door before opening it and finding him at his desk going through some paperwork. "Yes?" He asks looking up at me "Evs and I are heading out to the store to get a few things" I explain "We're having a sister's day and we need few things" I add seeing him smile. "There's fifthy bucks on that table if you want" he adds pointing at the furniture next to me, "Really?" I ask seemingly shocked "Of course" he nods "You know me, always supportive of your bonding time with your sister" he smiles before giving me a wink. I shake my head and chuckle grabbing the money before walking over to him, "Thanks dad, you're the best" I admit before leaning down and kissing his cheek.

I leave his office and find Everleigh already waiting for me. "Ready?" She nods and I grab her hand leading her out of the building. Within a few minutes we're already at the store and Everleigh insisted to get in a cart so I'm currently pushing her around whilst we get a few snacks. "Can we get nail polish?" Everleigh randomly asks with a wide smile, "Sure" I chuckle leading her to the toiletrie section where they keep the nail polish. "What colour do you want?" I ask as we both look through all the different colours, "Blue?" She asks holding a light blue, "That's nice" I compliment "Can we get it then?" I nod and she places it next to her. "What else do we need?" I ask raising my brows as I look at my sister, "Hm" she hums pointing a finger to her lip as she thinks. "Candy" she grins making me chuckle, "Alright but not too much" she rolls her eyes playfully but nod nonetheless.

As I'm watching Everleigh pick out a few of her favourite candies I can't help but picture this moment with Pumpkin. Me being a mother and going shopping with my own baby, I unknowingly place my hand on my stomach and bite my lip. It sounded perfect but terrifying at the same time, I'd be responsible for a little human being that Josh and I made, all of its actions and who he or she would become will all reflect on how Josh and I make him or her grow up to be. "You got it?" I ask once she walk towards me with 3 different candies "Mhm" she hums placing the candies in the cart before taking my hand as we head to the check-out lane.

~🍼~

"Oh no" Everleigh giggles before bursting into a fit of laughter making me smile. We were cuddling in my bed watching The Incredibles 2 after a long day of manicures, pedicures, arts and crafts and a few board games. I spent every minute making sure Everleigh had a fun time because I knew that my time with her is slowly going to run out before I have the baby. "I love Jack Jack" she admits right as I feel the baby move, "Hey Evs wanna feel pumpkin move?" I ask making her eyes widen, "The baby's moving?" She asks shocked "Mhm" I hum with a smile.

"Give me your hand" she hands me her soft little hand and I lift my shirt before placing it right where he's moving. "Do you feel that?" I ask looking at her as I press my hand on top of hers "Yeah" she smiles glancing up at me, "Does it hurt when it moves?" She asks curiously but I shake my head, "It feels like little butterflies" I admit making her smile widen, "Cool" she exclaims making me chuckle. "I love you pumpkin" she admits sweetly before leaning down and kissing my stomach, "You know he can hear you?" I admit "Really?" I nod "You can tell pumpkin whatever you want" I assure her.

"Okay" she breathe out before thinking for a few seconds of what to say. "I'm Maya's sister so that means I'm going to be your Aunt" she starts making me stifle a laugh "I'm going to try and be the best but I'm only six so" she trails off as I smile "I'm going to make mistakes but that's okay" she admits "Although if you want any candy or toys you can come to me because I'll definitely share with you" she adds as I lift my hand and run it through her soft hair.

"You're the best you know that?" She smiles looking up at me, "You are too" she admits lying next to me as her gaze shifts back to the movie. I'm genuinely going to miss spending time alone with my sister, when the baby comes the only time I'll be able to have a sister's night would be a few years after he or she is born, I feel bad for that but I'm going to make sure to spend as much time with her as I can.

"Hey Evs" I whisper making her hum in response, "You know that when the baby comes I won't have a lot of time to spend with you" I admit softly as she looks up at me, "But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try, or that I love you any less" I explain softly. "I know" she assures me with a sad smile, "But I want to help you when the baby comes, so if you need me you know where to find me" I smile and nod. "Thank you" I say before leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

"I love you so much" I admit as she wraps her arms around me, "Me too" she whispers tightening her arms around me.

______________________________
Okay this chapter turned out a lot better in my mind.

If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Be happy!

-Mel❤