Chapter 8: Thoughts and confrontations

Josh's Pov
I can't sleep. I sigh and look down seeing Maya out like a light, with her arm drapped over my chest whilst mine is wrapped around her waist.

I'm going to be a father. Maya and I are having a baby. These seem to be the only sentence running through my brain, and quite frankly they terrify me.

I'm not ready to be a father. I still need to finish college. I need to find a job and buy my own place. How on earth am I suppose to provide for a baby when I don't have a job or a place?

I can't do this. I'm not ready to have a kid yet, but I can't let Maya do this on her own.

She didn't mean for this to happen. It was my fault anyways. I was drunk and forgot to use protection because I was too caught up with the gorgeous blonde lying beside me.

Maya has it worst anyways. She has to deal with carrying a baby for nine months. Poor girl, she's only sixteen, she didn't even finish high school and she's now becoming a mother.

I ruined her future because of one stupid mistake. A stupid mistake that lead to a little blessing.

Maya and I can get through this right? If we stick together nothing should go wrong. All we need is each other. No matter how terribly bad tomorrow is going to be, I'll still have Maya and our little baby.

I take a deep breath and decide to think of all the positive things our little blessing is going to create and kiss Maya's forehead before slowly drifting off to sleep.

~🍼~

11.17.17

Maya's Pov
I wake up in Josh's arm with his arms wrapped around me and my head lying on his chest. I take a deep breath and decide to enjoy this moment because for once I don't have to rush to the bathroom.

I hear him take a deep breath before his grip around me tighten. "Morning Gorgeous" he mutters making a smile pull at my lips. Damn his morning voice is sexy.

"Morning" I whisper looking up to see his face. "How are you feeling?" He asks curiously.

"I'm good for now" I say making him smile before leaning down to kiss my forehead.

"Today's going to be a mess" I whisper causing him to sigh. "Probably" he admits "But no matter what I'll always, always be here for you" he adds making my heart flutter.

"Thank you" I smile leaning up to leave a soft kiss to his lips.

~🍼~

"Calm down, you stressing out isn't good for the baby" Josh says making me sigh, as I look at the apartment in front of us. Josh and I stayed at Riley's trying to calm ourselves down for tonight. I had texted my parents that Josh was coming for dinner and that we had something important to tell them.

Topanga even forced me to take a nap saying that I should rest. To be honest I was being overly stressed and worried that she'd rather have me rest instead of dealing with me.

I take a deep breath and look at Josh, "Together?" he smiles and nod "Always" he assures me, taking my hand and leading me inside.

My heart races the closer we get to the door and my breathing becomes uneven. "Easy sweetheart" Josh says squeezing my hand as we stand in front of the door.

I take another deep breath and open it, immediately catching Evs attention. "Maya" she shouts running up to me.

"Evs" I smile leaning down as she throws herself at me, "How are you?" I ask pulling away to look at her beautiful blue eyes.

"Good" she smiles before looking next to me "Joshy" she exclaims throwing herself at him making me chuckle.

"Hey" he smiles before picking her up in his arms. "I haven't seen you in a while" she admits making him nod.

Since I started getting sick I cut everyone off and that lasted for a week and a half. Before Josh was practically everywhere with me.

"I missed you" she admits before hugging him making my heart flutter. "Me too" Josh says tightening his grip on her.

I walk further in the room and find my parents both in the kitchen. "Hey" I say catching their attention.

"Maya" my mom smiles before quickly coming over to me and pulling me into a hug. "How are you honey?" She asks pulling away.

I shrug "Okay" she eyes me sceptically but luckily she brushes it off and returns back to the stove.

"Hey" Josh says appearing behind me, Everleigh still in his arms.

"Hello Josh" my mom smiles looking up from the casserole on the stove. "I see Everleigh missed you" my dad chuckles as I make my way next to my mom.

"Seems like it" Josh says walking further in the room.

"Evs let go of Josh a little, he needs to breathe" Shawn says making Everleigh whines before she slowly slides off of my boyfriend.

He takes a seat next to my dad and they easily start a conversation. I always appreciated how much my parents liked Josh, but all of that is going to change as soon as I let a 2 word sentence out.

~🍼~

The evening seems to be alright so far. Everleigh and I helped my mom with dinner and Josh offered to put the table before Shawn 'kidnapped' him to watch a football game.

We're currently having dinner and Josh and I have yet to announce our little secret. It was hard considering my patents kept on throwing questions at the both of us about school or university and Everleigh is always wanting to share her cute stories of hers.

"Maybe Santa will paint it for you" Evs says making everyone laugh. It's been months and my mom has been whining about how much she wanted to repaint the kitchen. It was currently a light green and my mom absolutely hated it. Ever since we moved in this apartment my mom was fine with the colour until 4 months ago when she finally snapped and couldn't take it anymore.

"I hope he will" she says before turning to face me. "Anyways, Maya you said Josh and you had some important news to tell us" she says making my heart drop.

This is it. Time to ruin my friendship with my parents. No turning back now, what is done is done.

"Right" I breathe out. I look at Josh and find him biting his lip. "Um" I start feeling my heart beating out of my chest.

"First I want you guys to know that we really didn't mean for this to happen. We know we were irresponsible and clearly not thinking at all, but now that it happened we're going to deal with our consequences" I ramble making my parents look at me worriedly and confused.

"Maya get to the point" my dad says making me slowly nod.

"Okay" I whisper trying to get myself mentally ready for what's going to happen.

"I'm pregnant" I muster out making my parents eyes widen and their lips part.

___________________________
If you enjoyed this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do whatever ya want.

-Mel❤