Chapter 22: Promise

"Mom" I say catching her attention, "The Matthews are just being nice" I say softly but she scoff. "By taking you away from your family?" she shakes her head "I don't think so".

"Katie that is not what we want" Amy assures her sitting up straight. "We just want to help your daughter out since both you and Shawn are working and have Everleigh to take care of" she explains but my mother roll her eyes.

"So what? I can't take care of my own daughter anymore, is that what your saying?" My mom demands causing my heart to drop. "Absolutely not" Amy shakes her head. "Katie I'm just trying to help" Amy assures her.

"We don't need your-"

"Enough!" I snap standing up from the couch abruptly. "Mom can't you see Mrs. Matthews is doing something nice, something that actually help Josh and I's future?" I question desperately.

"Something your not willing to do" I add before storming out of the living room to Riley's room. I climb out of the bay window and decide to go up to the roof.

Once I make it there I take a deep breath before letting out a groan of frustration. "Maya" I turn my head to the right and see Josh climbing up, he walks towards me and I bite my lip before he pulls me against his muscular chest. "Why can't she understand?" I ask confused. He sighs and lifts a hand, running his fingers through my hair. "I don't know baby" he admits before kissing the top of my hand.

"I have your present though" he adds pulling away with a smirk. "I though we agreed on no presents?" I furrow my brows at him but all he does is pull out a ring box from his pocket and my heart speeds up as my eyes widen.

"Josh" I say nervously, taking a step back from him. "I'm not proposing" he assure me, allowing me to breathe. "I'm promising" he admits opening the box to reveal a beautiful rose gold ring, with a breathtaking little diamond in the middle attached by two hearts. "Josh" I gasp lifting my hand to cover my mouth as I gaze at the ring.

"Maya, ever since I met you, I knew you were the one and once we got together I realised there was no one else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with" He starts causing my heart to swell. "Even though things are moving fast, I know that since I have you, everything will be fine." He gets down on one knee and holds the rings box open.

"I want you to know that you are the only one for me and I want to be with you forever, the amount of love I have for you is indescribable. So what I'm trying to say is that this ring will hold the promise that we will be together in the future and that nothing can get in the way of our love" He finishes with a soft smile.

I look down at him lovingly and in this moment everything seems perfect. The love of my life wants to be with me forever and even though I'm pregnant with his child, it doesn't seem to bad right now.

"I love you so much" I whisper, before cupping his face and crashing my lips onto his. I kiss him passionately before he slowly pulls away, "Will you wear it?" He asks hopefully making me chuckle as I nod my head vigoursly. "I'll never take it off" I assure him causing a wide smile to pull at his lips. He pulls away slightly taking the ring out of the box before looking down at me,"May I?" He asks with a smirk.

I giggle and nod, handing him my left hand. I watch as he slips the ring on, "Perfect fit" I murmur gazing at the ring on my finger in awe. "It's gorgeous" I admit, "Not as much as you" Josh adds making me chuckle as I look up at him. "You're so cheesy" I laugh.

~🍼~

"Josh" I murmur against his lips as I try to push him off slightly. Everyone at the Matthew's was already asleep and although I was suppose to be sleeping in Riley's room, she covering for me whilst I fool around with my boyfriend, though Riley thinks we're just talking.

"What?" He asks breathless looking down at me with his pupils blown wide. We were already both topless and for all I knew he wanted to go all the way, except I couldn't let him, not when everyone is here.

"We should stop" I whisper, he quirks an eyebrow at me "What's wrong?" He asks but I shake my head "Nothing" I say but he eyes me sceptically. "I just don't want to have sex when everyone's here" I admit but he shrugs "They're all asleep baby" he assures me leaning down to peck my lips. "If you really don't want to I get it" he says before dragging his lips across my jaw "But if you want to" he whisper, kissing my neck "All you have to do is be quiet" he murmurs, leaving an open kiss, I bite my lip.

"Fuck" I breathe out shutting my eyes. I really wanted to, I haven't been intimate with Josh for such a long time that there was nothing more I wanted to do than have all of him, but I also know that I wouldn't be able to contain myself if I do have him and I definitely do not want to wake up any of the Matthews.

"Ok" he smirks before crashing his lips back on mine. He parts my lips deepening the kiss as I reach up to run my fingers through his hair before pulling at the hair at the nape of his neck. He groans and kisses me harder, squeezing my hip before straying his lips from mine. " You want to do this?" He checks, I bite my lip thinking it through one last time. Screw it.

I nod vigoursly making him smirks, he leans back down colliding his lips back on mine, as his hands pull down my sweatpants and panties in one pull. His lips leave mine and trail down my body, kissing his way down. "We're going to try something new" he smirks before dipping his head and taking my clit in his mouth.

My eyes widen and a loud moan tumbles from my lips as my back arches. I grip the sheets in my hands and bite down on my lip attempting to stay quiet as Josh uses his thumb to circle around my clit whilst his tongue darts in and out of me. "Josh" I moan clenching my eyes shut, gripping the sheets tighter, "I'm gonna-" I start but get cut off by Josh's lips landing back on mine.

My hands fall to his sweatpants and I pull them down, revealing himself to me. He kicks them off before pulling away from me, his forehead pressed against mine. "You sure?" He checks one last time, "Yes" I breathe out giving him the final green light. He lines us up before leaning down to kiss me as he shifts forwards connecting us.

___________________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Go stream SINGULAR

-Mel❤

My mouth falls open and