Chapter 21: A perfect Christmas?

"Merry Christmas!" An ear piercing voice shrieks way too early in the morning causing me to go deaf. "It's Christmas, it's christmas" she repeats jumping up and down on my bed.

"I know" I whine snuggling deeper in my pillow, "Merry Christmas, now let me sleep" I mumble feeling myself fall back asleep. "But it's chritmas" she whines "And mom says we have to wait for you to have breakfast with us before we open presents" she adds making me sigh. "Fine" I breathe out, opening my eyes to find my cute little sister looking at me expectantly.

"I'm up" I assure her, sitting up with a smile. "Merry Christmas" I say pulling her for a hug. Everleigh tightens her arms around me making me smile as I kiss her temple. "Lets go have breakfast" I smile pulling away.

She nods vigoursly making me chuckle as we both climb out of bed. She takes my hand, leading me out of my bedroom when she suddenly stops. "Wait" she says her eyes widening. "I didn't say Merry Christmas to the baby" she realises making me laugh. She cups her little hands around my small tummy and kisses it, "Merry Christmas baby" She gushes. My heart swells and I find it hard for me to keep my tears at bay.

"Why are you crying?" She asks confused as she looks up at me. I let out a soft laugh and wipe the stray tear that fell before kneeling down in front of Everleigh.

"I'm crying because you are the sweetest sister on Earth, and I can already tell you are going to be the best Aunt my little pumpkin could ever have" I admit. She smiles and lifts her hand to wipe the rest of my tears, "I love you Evs" I smile kissing her cheek, "I love you too" she replies happily.

"Now breakfast" she giggles leading me to the kitchen.

~🍼~

"Merry Christmas Matthews!" Evs yell as she bursts through the loft making Cory laugh. "Hm" he hums putting his finger on his chin "She reminds me of somebody but I can't quite figure out who" he teases making me roll my eyes as I hang my coat.

"Maya" Josh pops his head out of the hallway. A bright smile invading his gorgeous face. "You're here" he observes walking over to me. "I am" I agree nodding my head, "Merry Christmas" I smile as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Merry Christmas gorgeous" he says before leaning down to kiss my cheek. "You look amazing" he compliments taking in my outfit. Being pregnant you don't really feel like dressing up but today I felt better than usual so I put some effort into my outfit. I'm wearing a red sweater dress, with skin colour tights, paired with creme coloured knee-high boots and a square scarf. I decided to leave my hair flowing in waves around my shoulder and for makeup, I didn't really want to overdo myself so I only applied a light coat.

"Thank you" I say looking down at my outfit briefly before looking at his. "And you" I trail off with a smirk, "I just want to take you to the bedroom" I whisper in his ear causing him to cough.

"Maya" Topanga calls. I laugh at Josh and make my way to Topanga. "Merry Christmas" she smiles pulling me in for a hug.

"Merry Chri-" I start but get cut off by a yelling Riley.

"Why does your sister look so cute?!" She yells running down the stairs with Everleigh in her arms. I laugh shaking my head in amusement. "Because I dressed her" I answer looking at Everleigh. I did a good job. She's wearing a flannel skirt overall with a black long sleeve shirt. Knee high socks with boots and her hair is tied up into 2 ponytails with a red bow.

~🍼~

"Time for presents" Topanga announces and within seconds Auggie, Ava and Everleigh are sprinting down the stairs to the living room where everyone is gathered. "Yay" They exclaim excitedly before taking a seat on the floor in front of the coffee table.