Chapter twenty-nine

"Your highness, should I dispose of the body now?"

Shadow one walked out of Feng Qi's room holding some papers in his hands.

Seeing that the girl once full of life now laid lifeless on the floor he couldn't help from feeling disappointment. He did want his highness to experience some things that a child should, like happiness, laughter, love... However, as he thought, his highness wasn't one to indulge in human emotions.

Feng Qi didn't respond still softly smiling at the girl in his arms. He looked like he was on cloud nine right now, ignoring everything around him.

Alarm bells went off in Shadow one's head when Feng Wi didn't respond at all. The look on his face could only be described as a trance-like expression.

Dutifully Shadow one spoke up again to remind Feng Qi. "Holding a dead body so close isn't healthy. She is dead now it's best to put her to rest."

When Shadow one said this he finally got a reaction out of Feng Qi whose eyebrows wrinkled up. "She isn't dead."

His eyes narrowed in annoyance before gathering Meng into his arms. What dead girl? The girl in his arms was clearly still alive and had only passed on from exhaustion. Hearing someone calling her dead made his heart hurt and he really didn't like hearing it.

Carefully picking up her body he turned and brought her into his room.

Shadow one was left in shock. Recalling the girl completely drained of blood face and horrified expression. He couldn't find a doubt in his mind that the girl was alive. This could only mean one thing, his majesty had finally succumbed to the pressure of the royal court and his mind became ill.

This was his fault he should of taken his majesty out of here long ago.

Abandoned in a now empty hallway Shadow dropped to his knees with silent tears falling down his face.

...

In the room Feng Qi laid Meng down in the large bed. Her face scrunched together and her lips were turn down into a frown. Hopelessly he used his hand to try to smooth out her distressed face.

The little devil really caused him a lot of trouble today and after all of it she fell asleep so simply. Feng Qi hated being in the public eye, but for her, it was worth it.

With a tender smile he covered her with a blanket before standing up.

A creak at the door drew his attention and he turned his head to see a distraught Shadow one coming in.

"Shadow one gather a maid to take care of Princess Meng while she is sleeping. Make sure you find a trust worthy one and pay her well. Also what's with that look on your face?"

"Nothing your majesty I'll get one right away." Shadow one looked like he aged ten years, but still responded loyally to Prince Feng. Even if his majesty is insane as his servant he would still follow him no matter what!

———————

A/N: trying to rewrite some of the chapters, but still feel like the quality fell, however seeing how many people love the book as much as I do I will fight writer's block. ^_^