All Alone

As I sat in my new room my phone buzzed. 

"Hello?" I asked and wiped away the tears.

"Isabelle? Are you ok?" Jake asked.

"Can you come to Lukes house?" I asked.

"Yeah sure stay there." he said and I heard his car start just before he hung up.

Five minuets later he was knocking on the door. Lukes mom told him where to find me and he ran up the stairs barly making a noise.

"Isabelle are you ok?" he asked wraping me in his arms.

"No." was all I could say before I broke down again.

After about half an hour Jake calmed me down again and I told him how I found out about two weeks ago that my real mom had abandon me, and that it was my step-mom that died.

"Oh Isabelle im so sorry." he said holding me tighter.

"Its not your fault." I said.

"So did you tell Luke?" he asked

"No why?" I asked

"Well then why are you here?" he asked

"My dad had to go away on work for a year so im stuck here." I said.

"Too bad you couldnt be at my house." he said

"Yeah." I agreed softly.

"Isabelle now I understand how hard it must be for you to trust anyone." Jake said

"Yeah but I do trust you." I said half lying.

"Really? Well I trust you too." he said. 

"Isabelle?" Luke knocked on my door.

"What?" I asked

"Can I come in?" he asked.

I looked at Jake who shuged and said loudly"Come on in."

"Jake," I started to complain but Luke came in."Hey Luke."

"Hey Jake I didnt know you were here." Luke said looking between us.

"Yeah your mom let me in."Jake said with a grin.

"Oh," Luke said with a look of hurt in his eyes." Isabelle its time for diner and im sure time for Jake to go." 

Jake just smiled and stood up. I stood up to walk him to the door but he turned and kissed me just as he did last night , with passion and intencity and of coarse I responed equally until I rembered Luke. I pulled away first and walked him to his car.

"So will I see you tomarrow?" He asked.

"Yeah, at school." I said.

"Right, school, bye then." he said with a wink.

I went inside and everyone but Luke was at the dinner table.

"So Isabelle do you like meatloaf? Because thats what were having." she said

"Yeah but im not hungry I already ate at the party earlier." I said and glaced at the clock, 8:00.

"Ok then , if you get hungry you can you can just come and eat." she said as I walked upstairs.

Instead of going to my room I went right infront of Lukes and sat down. Not wanting to talk just to be near him.

I must have fell asleep because next thing I knew Luke was shaking me awake.

"Isabelle are you ok?" he asked.

For no reason I can explain I put my arms around him and didnt let go for at least ten minuets.

"No I aint ok. My dad left me here with no family and I found out my mom abandon me and it was my step-mom that died, do you think im ok?" I asked furiously.

"Shhhh... Ok I know, Isabelle its ok im here for you."he said.

"Thats what everybody says." I growled.

"Look at me Isabelle dose it look like im gonna leave you?Look at me." he said putting his finger under my chin.

As I looked into his eyes , I saw the pain in my own,"I didnt know you actually cared." I said.

His eyes filled up with tears that threatened to spill over and my own eyes did the same.

"Isabelle you dont know how much I actually care about you." he said

"Actually I do." I proceeded to tell him how I heard the whole conversation between him and Jake.

"Really? Oh great." he said standing up.

I just ran to my room (witch was stupid since its just across the hall) and slammed the door shut. I grabbed my CD player and put on my favorite Avril Lavigne CD. As 'Girlfriend' started to play I triped over the cord and fell knocking my head on my stand and blacked out. When I finally woke up Luke was on my bed with a picture we took together about a week or two ago. I sat up and stared at him. He was talking to himself.

"Why cant she see that im better for her than Jake? I know I should tell her about his record but she wont belive me! " Thats when I notised he was on the phone."He cheated on his last girlfriend and she dumped him for you Zach and now hes gonna do the same to her!" there was mumbling on the other end of line."So just wait? I cant let her be hurt like that."

"Hey." I said softly.

"OH SHIT!" he shouted and hung up the phone."Hey Isabelle."

"Are you ok?'' I asked

"The question is are YOU ok?" He asked." How did you end up on the floor with your head split open?"

"Well I got mad and was listening to a CD and tripped." I said quietly

"Oh well your head should be ok." he said

I lifted up my hand to my head and notised the bandage across my forehead."Oh thanks"

"No problem." He said sliding the picture under my pillow.

"No really, I will keep and eye on Jake." I said

"Well damn, you know I have to stop talking around you." he said with a grin.