Davy Jones - Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Jack has locked himself in the Captain’s quarters, I even reminded him that I called dibs for ever but he still wouldn’t open the door. He is being so selfish, I am suffering too! I need to know that he is ok. He has shut me out, I gave myself to Jack completely and now he won’t even see me. I thought that he loved me; I would never have slept with him if I knew that he was lying. I really love him, I truly do. I have been feeling rather scared, it all began after visiting Tia Dalma. She has really shaken me up and sailing is this dark fog and horrid weather conditions hasn’t made me feel any better.  

“Hey Maria, are you ok? You seem really down” Will asks while taking a seat next to me on a barrel, Pintel and Raggetti take a seat on a barrel on my other side. I am currently sitting on the rail of the ship, Will reaches up and pulls me down onto his knee and gives me one of his hugs. If people didn’t know us then they would probably think that we are a couple. That couldn’t be further from the truth. I don’t know how I would have survived the later years in my life if I couldn’t have ran to Will’s shop for hours on end. I cherished those hours away from the proper life of a Governor’s daughter.

“I’m fine guys honesty. You don’t have to worry about me, everything is... awful” I tell them and I feel myself begin to cry.

“What’s the matter poppet?” Pintel asks while rubbing my back trying to get me to stop crying.

“It’s Jack. I thought he loved me but he is now ignoring me!”

“Maria, The Captain does love you. You should see the way he looks at you when you aren’t watching him. It is like you are both moving in sync. When he moves you move, that is true love” Ragetti tells me, I know people are put off by him and Pintel but once you get past the whole pirate thing and the unclean look then you will find that they are nice people. Surprisingly they are also very deep and understanding.  Over the last few months of being back on this ship I have grown to be friends with the duo.

“If he is so in love then why has he shut me out? I am frightened too but he is being selfish and ignoring me” I tell them while standing up and walking to grab a bottle of rum. I walk back towards them and Will storms off to the Captains quarters. Probably to confront Jack on how he is upsetting me, if I ever had a brother I would want him to be just like Will.

“You know what guys? I give up; Jack can continue shutting me out because I no longer care”

“Oh poppet of course you care, he is your first love. Deep down the Captain will have his own reasons for doing this to you and i’m sure we will find out very soon” Pintel tells me while taking a swig of my rum. We sit in silence just drinking and watching the crew working. I’m sure that we should be working but Gibbs just ignores that we are doing nothing. The storm is getting worse and the little shawl I had put on was now soaked through. I watch as Pintel and Ragetti try to communicate without me knowing.

“Guys if I am bringing your moods down, you don’t have to sit with me” I tell them with a sigh.

“No poppet we were trying to find a way to try and convince you to move inside so you don’t get a cold” I stand up when I see a ship that has been thrown onto some rocks. I turn as I see Jack walk out of his quarters and Will storming after him. I walk up behind them so I can hear the conversation.