The Truth- Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Once we are on board Will comes too, rubbing the back of his head where Jack hit him but apart from that he seems fine.

"What happened to the chest?" Will asked as Elizabeth helps him to his feet.

"Norrington took it to draw Jones' crew off" I tell him with a sad smile. I know he wanted to stab the heart and free his father. I walk to stand next to Jack who is clutching his jar of dirt closely. I give him a funny look but he just ignores it.

"Where's the Commodore?" Gibbs asks.

"Fell behind" Jack tells him.

"My prayers be with him" Gibbs says and then shrugs "Best not wallow in our grief. The bright side is: you're back. And made it off free and clear" He continues. Just as he finishes the Dutchman pops up from the water beside us.

"Lord, I done that" Gibbs mutters and crosses himself. I suddenly feel very sick, I have a feeling that something is going to go seriously wrong. Jack turns tome and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll handle this, love. Oi, fish face!" He shouts across to Jones' and holds up his jar of dirt. I seriously worry about him sometimes.

"Lose something, aye? -- ??" He continues but then trips down the stairs, everyone on the board share a ooh at the pain he must be feeling.

"Got it! Come to negotiate, eh, have you, you slimy git. Look what I got.I've got a jar of di-irt, I've got a jar of di-irt, and guess what's inside it?" Jack says after standing up. He says it in a teasing and sing- song voice. So immature, but that's why I love him. 

"Enough" Jones shouts and we watch in horror as he brings the cannons out.

"Hard to starboard" I shout to Elizabeth.

"Hard to starboard!" She shouts o Gibbs who tries frantically to turn the Pearl.

"Raise up the foreyard!" Will shouts and we all rush into action. I grab the sideof the hip and watch as Jones gives me a smile and pointed look. I turn back and take the wheel off Mr Gibbs.

"Jack she is on us!" I shout to him as I feel the ship being hit with the Dutchman's cannons.

"I hand the wheel back to Gibbs and rush to help Will with the sails.

"Make fast!" He says to me and hands me another rope. Nothing is as hard as working on a ship.

"She's falling behind!" Elizabeth shouts. I turn and look at the Dutchman and see that it is true.

"Aye, we've got her" Gibbs says pleased with himself.

"Will..." I begin but he interrupts me.

"We're the faster?" He asks Gibbs.

"Against the wind the Dutchman beats us, that's how she gets her prey. But with the wind..." He tells Will.

"We've got her advantage" Will smiles, pleased with himself.

"Will..."

"What Maria?" He asks seemingly annoyed at me.

"we are not safe yet, remember what happened the last time we fought Jones?" I ask and see the colour of drain from his cheeks.

"What happened? Maria tell me... What happened?" Elizabeth asks but Will and I just stare at each other.