Maliki liki - Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Will and I had travelled everywhere looking for Jack.

“Captain Jack Sparrow? Hadn't been thought about, heard he was dead” One sailor told us.

“Singapore, that's what I heard. Drunk, with a smile. Sure as a tide, Jack Sparrow, turned up in Singapore” We then went to Singapore but he wasn’t there either. We went to Tortuga and asked Giselle and Scarlett, Jack’s previous Girlfriends/ Lovers.

“Jack Sparrow?” Asked Giselle.

“I haven't seen him in a month” Scarlett answered.

“When you find him, you give 'im a message” Giselle said and gives Will a slap across the face. I then got glares off Will as I couldn’t stop laughing.

“Well I’m going to see Daphne while we are in Tortuga” I walked to the cabin and see Daphne and saw her smiling at a pirate but when she looked up and saw me. She screamed and came running to me.

“Oh Maria, I thought you were dead. I heard that you had died when Barbossa had. My dear child what are you doing here?” Daphne said while giving me a bone crushing hug. I pulled away to see her with tears in her eyes.

“Come through the back, we must catch up” Daphne grabbed my hand and pulled me into her room at the back.

“So how are you then about your Father dying? I mean do you want to come and live with me. Why didn’t you come and live with me? You didn’t have to go back to the Governor” She rambled at me. It is making my head hurt. I know that she was only being caring but God can that woman talk.

“I am fine I have had a couple of months to process the death. I can’t come to live with you, at the minute as I need to assure my sister’s freedom. I didn’t come back to live here as Elizabeth is meant to be getting married but because of the idiot Becket she isn’t married even though she should be by now” I told her. I think I answered all her questions.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t write or come and see you, I thought you were dead. I feel awful” She told me again giving me a hug.

“Who told you that I was dead?” I asked seen as though she keeps saying that she thought I was dead.

“Jack Sparrow, it was when a few of Barbossa’s enemies heard that he had a daughter. I suppose he did it to protect you but he could have told me I was a wreck for weeks” She told me with realisation drawing on her face. Did Jack do it to protect me? Yep probably sounds like him. There must have been something in it for him.

“Do you know where Jack is? I really need to find him” I really hope that she knows. I need that compass of his to secure Elizabeth and Will’s freedom. After all this is over I might even come and live with Daphne. You never know what the future brings.

“Can't say about Jack’s direct whereabouts, but this island just south of the straits where I trade spice for... delicious, long pork. Cannot say about Jack. But you'll find that ship there. A ship with black sails”

“That’s the pearl!” Yes it sounds like we have found the disappearing Sparrow!