Chapter 9

"Marinette."

"Marinette?"

"MARINETTE WAKE UP YOU'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL!"

Marinette shot up from her bed. "No! Not again! I wanted to hang out with Adrien before class and now I can't talk to him! We were even going to get breakfast together... Now I'm late three times over..."

Tikki brightly looked at holder. "It's okay Marinette, there's always tomorrow!"

Marinette nodded sadly, and got ready for school. After a few minutes, she was ready and walked downstairs. (Everybody clap for Marinette she didn't fall this time) Marinette's mom called out to her, "Have a great day, Marinette!"

Marinette sighed. "Thanks mom, you too..."

Marinette oppened the door, but to her surprise, there stood Adrien Agreste waiting hor her. "Hey Marinette. I kinda figured you'd be late, so I waited for you."

Marinette jaw dropped, how could anyone be this perfect. "T-thanks Adrien, thats so thoughtful of you. But now were both late for school-"

"Don't worry, it's fine," Adrien interrupted. "I'm late sometimes too, so it won't be unusual if we enter class late. It'll be fine... I think."

Marinette smiled. "Yeah, you're right. It won't be anything different. If you're hungry, then we can get something from the bakery."

Adrien's face lit up. "Sure!"

After eating and walking to school, Marinette and Adrien stood outside the class door, waiting until the teachers back was turned so they could sneak into their seats. As soon as Mrs. Bustier turned her back, Marinette opened the door and the two snuck in.

Everyone was working on an assignment, so they probably wouldn't notice either. As Marinette and Adrien sat down, they heard a shriek across the room. "Adrikins! Did you just come into the classroom with Marinette Dupain-Cheng!?" Chloe stood up. "If you're going to be late and hang out with someone before school, that person should be me."

Mrs. Bustier sighed, and looked at Chloe. "Chloe, please sit down. You're interrupting the lesson. Adrien, Marinette, copy the notes off from your neighbor."

Then Lila stood up from the back of the classroom. "Adrien! You can come here and look off from me." Adrien cringed, and looked at Marinette who gave Lila a death glare. Adrien chuckled nervously, "Uh... Lila I'm copying off of Nino's notes. Right Nino?" Nino agreed, happy to save him from the monster at the back on the room. "Yeah. Sure bro."

Lila sat back down and looked at everyone angrily. Good think Hawk Moth can't akumatize her for what... The 5th time?

***

After school, Adrien took Marinette to his house to play video games. When they stepped through the door, they saw Gabriel Agreste standing at the door with his wife. Marinette's eyes widened in confusion, were they waiting for us?

Gabriel Agreste walked up to them, and held out his hand holding a blue pin. Adrien and Marinette gasped in shock. "Is that the peacock miraculous?" Marinette added, "How did you find it?"

Gabriel Agreste answered, and he actually smiled, "Yes, it is the peacock miraculous. When I opened up the picture of my wife this morning, I found it back in the spot it used to be in."

Marinette sighed, "Then I guess we don't know who the peacock was or what her intentions were... We could have helped her..."

Adrien took the miraculous from his father's hands, "But thank you father. We appreciate your help."