Chapter 8

Everyone stared in surprise at the peacock miraculous, but also a little frustrated they couldn't finally rest. Marinette and Adrien quickly transformed again.

The peacock pulled out a feather and it floated out the stained glass window. And soon enough, they heard a crash outside. Ladybug glared angrily at the peacock before turning to Cat Noir. "Ok Cat Noir, I'll take care of the feather, while you take your family to safety and find me when you're ready." Cat Noir nodded, and took his mother and father away from the danger while Ladybug chased after the magic feather.

Ladybug followed it until it floated into someone's house, and she waited until anything exploded... Or... Something like that.

A senti monster came out of the house, and growled ot Ladybug, causing her to back up. It charged at her, and Ladybug ran away from it, considering that it would be too dangerous to fight it without Cat Noir.

***

Cat Noir hid from the peacock miraculous. He could easily take away her miraculous while she was distracted controlling her victim.

He crept up behind her and when she started talking with the blue ring masking her eyes, he quickly grabbed for it.

But the peacock was quicker than he thought, despite this probably being her first time using her her powers.

She grabbed his wrist, and threw him across the room. Cat Noir collided into the glass stained window, but landed on his feet. As he turned back to fight the peacock again, she was already there, and contuined to throw him around repeatedly without mercy. Without Ladybug, he couldn't defeat her, and if she didn't come soon he'd be done with. The peacock grabbed his arm and swung him across the lair one last time.

Cat Noir landed on the floor and took quick, shallow breaths. I'm so ashamed. She shouldn't have been able to take me out so easily. I'm sorry Ladybug, I've failed you. Please help me.

The peacock's pin beeped, and she looked down at it. The blue ring around her face didn't appear anymore. And after another beep, she fled from the lair.

As Ladybug fought the senti monster, it suddenly disappeared. A feather floated up, then disappeared. Something must have happened. I need to find Cat Noir.

As she swung back to the lair, she found Adrien sitting on the ground talking to Plagg with a worried expression.

"Adrien, are you okay? You're not hurt, are you?"

Adrien walked up to Ladybug and held her hands in his. "The peacock... She's way stronger then we anticipated. She's gone now, but she'll be back with another chance to use her power."

Ladybug nodded, and noticed movement from the shadows behind Adrien. Really? While I'm trying to have a conversation.

Ladybug dodged the peacocks attack, and moved Adrien behind her. She hit the villain with her yoyo, making her fall back, and she turned to Adrien. "Adrien, go stay with your parents."

Adrien crossed his arms, "Hey I can take care of myself, thank you very much."

Then his eyes widened and blushed. "S-sorry... what I meant was like I said earlier, she's way too strong. I couldn't fight her alone, and I don't want to risk you getting hurt if you fight her alone too." He clutched his head with his hand, and gritted his teeth. "Ok, I gotta be honest. My head hurts. I hit it on the window several times."

Ladybugs eyes flashed with concern, "Really? Okay, let me-"

The peacock hit Ladybug mid sentence with her fan. Ladybug furiously looked back at her, then got to business. "You should have told me earlier, kitty. Now listen, I have a plan."

(After the fight cause I don't want to bore you any further)

After a long fight, Ladybug and Cat Noir defeated the peacock. Sadly, she ran away... So they didn't catch her, or her miraculous. Marinette and Adrien detransformed, and walked up to the main floor of the Agreste mansion.

Gabriel Agreste slowly walked up to them. "Ms. Dupain-Cheng, Adrien, I would like to thank you for bringing my wife back."

Marinette smiled, "You're welcome." Adrien just nodded his head.

"I never knew kawmis had that kind of power."

Marinette looked at Tikki, but the Kwami just sheepishly grinned and shrugged. "Yeah, me neither. Tikki didn't tell me until about yesterday."

After an akward silence, Adrien hesitantly looked up at his fatherer. "Father, what will you do with your miraculous now?"

Gabriel Agreste took out a silver box, and opened it. "I no longer need it. I have my wife back, thanks to you, so I trust you to give it to it's respective owner."

Marinette gave Adrien a confused look, but Adrien just snickered.

"We will, of course you can trust us."
Then Adrien said quietly, "Yeah, its not like we would use it again for evil like you did."

***

It was almost Midnight. Marinette stood outside her balcony waiting. It didn't take long until she heard someone land behind her.

"Hey Marinette."

Marinette turned around and smiled before embracing him in a hug.

"It's so nice to see you again, Cat Noir."

Cat Noir laughed, "Yeah, its been way too long."

Marinette flicked his nose. "Come inside, kitty." Cat Noir followed her in, and looked at his ring.

"Plagg, Claws-"

"Wait, No!" Marinette interrupted.

Cat Noir stared at her in confusion. "Whats wrong? Why can't I detransform?"

Marinette's face turned red, "Uh... You c-can stay transformed. It's f-fine... I kinda like it better that way."

Cat Noir smiled, "Whatever pleases you, princess."

Marinette smiled, but it soon turned to a frown. "What are we going to do now, Cat Noir? We've defeated Hawk Moth, returned the moth miraculous, and the peacock hasn't shown up..."

Cat Noir brushed Marinette's bangs out of the way, and lightly kissed her forehead. "We'll take care of her soon, Marinette, don't worry. It will be a breeze, as long as we have each other. And there are many other things to do as superheroes."

Marinette raised an eyebrow, "Like what?"

Cat Noir sighed and looked up, "I don't know. I mean there are robberies. And... Chloe-"

Marinette snickered, "What? Chloe?" Cat Noir smirked. "Of course, I mean, taling care of her is a full time job. We're experts at saving people, but she's still a pain in the neck."

Marinette rolled her eyes, "Well... You're not wrong. And yeah, we can still help Paris... But it'll be different."

Cat Noir smiled, "But I'll like this change. This different. With you, both as Ladybug and Marinette as the same person with me, I'll be ready for a change. Trust me, Marinette."

*****

Ok so I had so much fun writing this chapter ahhh! I hope you enjoyed, and I'm sad to inform you that this book is coming to an end. One more chapter. Thank you so much, and I'm so happy that I'm over 300 reads! More than I expected, thank you so much!