Chapter 2

Ladybug smiled, of course she knew who he was talking about. She'd know her family's bakery logo anywhere. "That's nice. I may have seen her around actually. Do you think she's cute?" Cat Noir coughed, almost choking on his croissant and slightly blushed under his mask. "Huh? Oh.. Y-yeah. I guess. But not as cute as you, bugaboo!" Ladybug tried to keep herself from laughing, little did her partner know they were actually talking about her.

Cat Noir watched Ladybug stifle her laughter and narrowed his eyes, but before he could say anything they heard a scream below them.

"O.M.G! Ladybug and Cat Noir eating pastries on the Eiffel Tower!" The two heroes looked down to see Alya. The blogger squealed when she made eye contact with them. Ladybug whispered "She's probably recording us," and waved while Cat Noir winked and blew a kiss to the camera.

***

The next day of school, Adrien yawned as Ms. Bustier gave instructions on a project. He stayed up later than expected the night before, maybe an interview from Alya last night wasn't the best idea. When he looked back at the blogger a few seats away from him he also noticed she was tired, but also excited.

He was so tired he didn't notice Marinette walk up beside him. "H-hey A-Adrien?" Adrien turned to see Marinette standing there shuffling her feet. "Yes, Marinette?"

"S-so you know how Ms. Bustier a-assigned a project, right? Well obviously cause you're in t-this class haha sorry n-never mind. Well, um Nino and Alya quickly paired up before I could ask her... so do you wanna maybe... w-work together?" Marinette panicked. Oh my gosh that was so bad he probably thinks I'm a moron and he'll never wanna work with me on this project ugh I'm so lame! But Adrien just smiled, "Sure! I have no problem with that."

Marinette nodded and gave him a cheesy smile before quickly walking to the front of the class to get their project instructions. Tikki whispered from her bag, "Nice going Marinette! Now everything from here is going to be a peice of cake!" Marinette smiled nervously and walked back towards Adrien.

"Great Marinette! Now we have 30 minutes left in this class period, so we'll have to work fast."

Marinette squeaked out, "Y-yeah work fast, got it."

After 30 minutes, they finished part of it. Marinette only imporved like 4% on her stuttering, but she's getting there. Tikki silently praised the girl on the purse she was hiding in. The two both agreed to spend about an hour or two working on the project after school. As they walked out of the building, they both got in Adrien's limo.

"Why did your dad make you ride the limo even though you're coming to my house?" Marinette whispered, worrying the bodyguard would overhear. "My father is really strict, as you probably know. He's always concerned for my safety, which might be why he didn't let me join you guys last night. Marinette looked down at her hands, "Oh... I'm sorry he's like that..."

"Don't worry, I'm used to it by now." But I still got to spend time with you yesterday... Adrien thought to himself. Too bad I can't say that. 

"Oh Marinette, did you see how upset the boys were today when they lost the football game?" Marinette shook her head, "I knew they had a football game but I didn't know they lost." "Yeah, it was crazy. I hope none of them got too upset. If you know what I mean."

Marinette nodded and gritted her teeth. "Yeah an akuma is the last thing we need right now."

All of a sudden, the car stopped and the two jerked forward, but luckily were held back by the seatbelts. Adrien looked out the window to see a long line of cars on the street and what looked like an akuma.

Marinette threw her head up and wailed. "NO! I JINXED IT!"

Adrien contuined to watch what was happening in front of them. Great... Another akuma. Just what we need right now. I guess the football team really was upset. As the akuma got closer, Adrien and Marinette turned to each other.

"I have to go."
"I have to go."

They both ran out of the car in different directions searching for a safe place to transform, leaving Adrien's poor bodyguard upset and confused. Adrien looked up at Plagg as he flew from his holder's jacket. "Time to bring this guy down like the other team did to his team today, Plagg. Claws out!" Plagg rolled his eyes, "Wow Adrien, that was harsh-" And Plagg was sucked into the ring before he could finish his complaint.

In another alley not to far from him, Tikki and Marinette were having a similar quick conversation.

"Tikki, Adrien was right, the football team really was upset about loosing that game. Tikki-"

"Marinette, what are you still doing here!?"

Marinette grabbed Tikki and put her in her bag before turning around to see Cat Noir. "Uh.. I got lost on my way home! Silly me, I guess I'll just find a way to get out of here and- AHH!" Cat Noir picked her up before she could finish and ran to her house. "You need to get to safety quicker, princess. This isn't the first time you got to close to an akuma." Marinette scoffed, "I know, but its kinda hard when there are cars everywhere and an army of hypnotized people following an akuma."

A beam of light threw Cat Noir off balance and he almost fell off the roof. The akuma laughed and contuined to shoot beams at everyone. "Finnally I've found you, Cat Noir. I'm gonna take your miraculous and then you'll appreciate me for being the best football player like everyone else now does!"

Cat Noir looked at Marinette. "Are you okay?" Marinette nodded, "Yeah, but you better let me go so you can find Ladybug and defeat this guy."

"Ok, but purr-omise me you'll stay out of the way."

***

"Pound it." Cat Noir fist-bumped Ladybug and backed away. "Sorry Bugaboo, but I gotta check on someone, see ya!" And with that he dashed off to Marinette's house.

What if the the Akuma's zombie army captured her? What if she fell off and got hurt? What if she bruised her arm just like Ladybug did a few minutes ago during the attack!? I need to make sure!

Cat Noir knocked repeatedly on Marinette's trap door. "Princess, its me. I just gotta check if you're okay!"

Marinette quickly ran up to her bedroom. Cat Noir would be here any second and she needed to make it look like she was here all along. She opened the trap door to see him already there, "See Kitty, I'm fine!" Cat Noir sighed in relief, "Good. I was really worried." Marinette would have usually replied something along the of 'What? You didn't think I could handle this myself?' But she saw how worried Cat Noir was and smiled, "Thanks for caring."

Cat Noir smirked. "No problem. It's my job to save damsels in distress. And who wouldn't care about a purr-fect, meow-velous girl like you?" He playfully punched her arm, and she hit him back in return. Hard.

"Hey that actually hurt!" She complained. Cat Noir looked at her arm, and it was bruised.
He glared at her. "I told you to stay safe!"

"Wait no Cat Noir I promise you its fine, it happened... yesterday." Cat Noir just narrowed his eyes at her for a few seconds, but then relaxed. "Okay, but still... Be. Careful."

After chatting for a few minutes, Marinette heard her parents yell from downstairs. "Marinette, your father and I are going out tonight, can you please take care of a few pastries we have down at the bakery while we're gone? We'll be back around Midnight."

Marinette looked at Cat Noir, and he looked back at her excitedly. "Yeah, sure mom! No problem!" She turned to Cat Noir, "Y'know Cat Noir, It would be nice to have a little help down stairs, this damsel in distress couldn't possibly bake all those pastries on her own."