Chapter 6

Adrien looked at his father angrily, Hawk Moth grinned evilly, while Ladybug looked back and forth from them with shock. She already knew their identities, but seeing them both here in front of her brought her shock back. She opened her mouth but Cat Noir held up a finger to her to shush her, and her jaw dropped.

Hawk Moth spoke up,"You know how disappointed I am with you Adri-"

"OH SHUT UP FATHER. YOU'RE ONE TO TALK. I SHOULD BE EVEN MORE DISAPPOINTED WITH YOU FOR STARTING ALL THIS UP IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

To the two heroes surprise, Hawk Moth just softly laughed. "Adrien, its not evil. What if I told you I was doing this because of your mother? Shes in the house and I can only bring her back if I had both of your Miraculous. Everything would be back to normal and-"

Hawk Moth was silenced as Ladybug's yo-yo hit him in the face. "Even though the reason is for a good cause, it's still wrong Hawk Moth. You need to stop this."

Cat Noir looked at Ladybug, and she nodded back at him. Cat Noir swung his staff at his father, starting a fight between the two. Ladybug stepped away and used her power.

"LUCKY CHARM!"

Ladybug caught the object, and stared at it. "A smoke bomb? What am I supposed to do with this?" She narrowed her eyes, trying to figure out what her powers were trying to tell her this time.

There was no way they could win this now, they weren't ready. They had to postpone this fight. "Cat Noir, use your power!"

"CATACLYSM!"

Ladybug leaped towards him, and grabbed his wrist with one hand while holding her object with the other. She threw her smoke bomb at Hawk Moth causing the area to fog, and slammed Cat Noir's hand down to the platform they were standing on. Hawk Moth fell down with it, and Ladybug swung herself and her partner away.

They were safe. Hawk Moth couldn't find them... He didn't know Marinette was Ladybug, and with the fog he couldn't see where the two heroes swung of to. A few moments later, ladybugs swarmed around his area fixing everything, and he yelled in frustration.

***

Ladybug and Cat Noir arrived at Marinettes house, and detransformed.  Adrien sighed and sat down, pulling at his hair. "Adrien... Kitty, we're going to fix this. You don't have to worry. We WILL find a way to turn everything back to normal." Adrien wrapped his arms around her in another hug. "Thank you Marinette. For everything. I couldn't do anything without you. I trust that you will help me fix everything."

Tikki floated up behind them, and softly smiled. "I think I may just have a solution."

***

After spending the night planning everything out, they were ready. They planned to start after school the next day, and were nervous as ever. Adrien and Marinette were early, and they waited for Nino and Alya to arrive.

When they did, and caught both Marinette and Adrien flirting with each other, they freaked out. "Marinetttte! How did you finally win over lover boy's heart?" Marinette blushed a bright shade of red, and watched as Adrien tried to contain his laughter. "Stop it Alya... It just... Uh, happened."

Alya and Nino looked back, unsatisfied with their answer.

Adrien stepped into his Cat Noir persona, and answered for her. "Marinette here was brave enough to reveal herself to me, and after learning how miraculous it was to have her in my life, I returned the feeling."

He kissed her hand, and instead of pushing him away, she flicked his nose. Alya and Nino squealed. "I'm so happy you guys are together now! Now we can go on double dates, visits to the park, Andrè's Ice Cream..." As Alya continued listing with Nino adding small things, Marinette turned to Adrien. "Are we official now?" Adrien smirked. "Why not, I said we were made for each other. Turns out I was right." Marinette giggled. "So, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, will give me the honor of being your boyfriend?" Marinette nodded and chuckled at his different wording, "Yes, Kitty. You know I'd love to."

***

While Hawk Moth himself was planning, he still brought out akumas to buy himself time.

And one appeared in the middle of their science class. After hearing the crash outside, Adrien and Marinette quickly turned to each other. While Marinette was frantically thinking of an idea, Adrien thought of one. He threw a pencil at her, "How dare you steal my pencil Marinette! I thought you were my friend!" Marinette was shocked for a second, but then smiled as she understood what was going on.

"Well, you're failing this class so you wouldn't need it anyway!" The class gasped, except for Chloe who was clapping with excitement. They both continued fighting until the teacher stopped them. "You two! Stop fighting and go to the Principal's office this instant!" They both smiled sweetly at the teacher, "Yes Ms. Mendeleiev." And quickly dashed off to the locker room.

Alya and Nino were confused, and they needed to check on their friends. Alya raised her hand, "Miss? Can Nino and I go check on the two to make sure they didn't fight on the way?" Ms. Mendeleiev sighed, "Okay, but hurry back!"

Alya and Nino ran off after them. "What do you think happened, Nino? It isn't like them..." Nino shrugged. "I don't think they were really upset with each other." "What? As in they were... acting?" Nino nodded. "Yeah, they must have. Its not like them to be that mad at each other like that..."

Nino's sentence trailed off as they saw Adrien and Marinette in the locker room, taking place before shouting:

"TIKKI, SPOTS ON!"
"PLAGG, CLAWS OUT!"

Alya and Nino stood in the doorway as their two best friends were engulfed in a bright light, and in their place stood Ladybug and Cat Noir. Alya screamed, and Nino quickly covered her mouth. "You fought just so you could transform!? What!? Why didn't you tell us!?"

Cat Noir and Ladybug turned around to them, shocked. Cat Noir snickered. "Busted." Ladybug hushed him, and she took a step towards her two friends. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you... I hope you understand that I had to keep this a secret. Just like how you have to hide," She lowered her voice, "Rena Rouge, Carapace." Nino and Alya nodded.

"Thanks for understanding guys. But you also have to understand that you're in great danger now, so you will have to keep this to yourselves. I'll explain more soon. But right now, we have to save Paris."