Grey's Tips: three; text slap.

THREE: TEXT SLAP COVERS.

(this is more like a rant, but just needed to get it out)

Okay, okay, everyone who's been for at least a week in the wonderful MDC (which is really depending on which part of the MDC you really are), they've heard of the so-called text slap covers. Before starting this, let's get onto the MDC text slap cover definition. 

The covers that look like they have simple background and text not blended in, and it seems like the only thing they did was 'slap' (which that's ridiculous because you can't really slap a text in a cover, k) the text onto the cover. Usually, these covers have bad quality and are bad, and the designers usually are amateurs using pixlr-o-matic or something. (This is the somewhat WP def.) 

Now, don't get me wrong, but usually, what Wattpad calls text slap, it's ridiculous. For me, there are two types of text-slap covers. There are the ones who are really text slap, with bad sizing and bad pictures. And the text? Don't get me started with it. 

But now, there are "text slap" covers that aren't damn near that. I'm going to get started by saying that most of the covers you see on real life books, people would call them text slap, and it's just... stupid. You think a professional designer would just look for a picture on internet download it and put text on it? NO!

They look for a picture that they're allowed to use for commercial use, and fonts that are allowed for commercial use, and they retouch the photo, fix things and blend things because the idea it's to look realistic, not manipulated. The idea is for the reader to think it's a real photo, when in reality it all could be photo manipulated. You never know right away, right? 

And even if it was a text slap, not all are ugly. 

So if someone tells you your graphic it's text slap, you are more than allowed to bash at them saying about real life books. For a cover to be pretty it doesn't need to be heavily manipulated and have a lot of blended stocks and colorings and textures. 

Please.

Anyways, moving on, the tip of this chapter is to never worry if your cover looks text slap or not. It's not, and even if it was, it wouldn't matter, because after all, when you see a cover of a book in real life, you never think right away of the designer doing it and all the things he did to get the result. So none of you should think of it when looking at a WP cover. What counts, even if it's not that fair, it's how the result looks. 

The idea is for it to look appealing, please drill this into your peanut sized brains. (jk, but really keep this in mind).

 What do you think about text-slap covers?