Chapter 5- The Note

Previously:

My eyes found its way back to the photoalbum on the floor , where a loose paper was poking out that I had overlooked before. Picking it up I pulled up the stray peice of paper from the album and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw something in black ink, at the top of the page.

A black skull and two upturned pitchforks.

It was the marking of The SL Thugs.

***

I dropped the paper on the floor as if it had scolded me. How the hell did it get into my box?

The beeping of the microwave deterd me from reading it, good I had no intetions of reading it. I raced downstairs grabbing my food yet very aware of my surrounding. I had to constantly look around me incase someone was lurkingg in the corners of my room.

Shit it ws making me paranoid. Get a damn grip Connor.

I had a potential stalker, that was likely to be a killer. Maybe I should turn the note into the police. Or tell the police what really happened on that day. Or the fact that I lied to them about being a witness. Maybe that would keep my family more safe.

Running back upstairs with my lasagne, my eyes were glued on the folded peice of paper, curiosity got the better of me as I decided to read it. After all it may hold some idea of what was happening to Tyde of if he had mentioned anything about me to the police, his side of the story. I bit into the pasta as creamy sauce and cheese tantilized my tastebuds. my trembling hand picked up the letter, strewn on the floor. Slowly taking a deep breath I unfolded it .

Connor fricking Freeman,

Hello old friend.

I think your well aware of why were writing this, traitor.

By the time you read this you will be off to yorkshire,

Were in your house now, whilst your lying though your skin at the police station.

Yes, shocked that we know where your headed?

You little shit were following your every move!

It wont be long now, hell no, Tyde s got a plan to get out of jail, were just waiting for the perfect moment.

Mention this letter to anyone and we'll kill little old frail grandma Jill.

dont underestimate us, you saw what we did to your mother, that bitch will be next!

were all around you, fucker.

The SL Thugz

I gasped scrunching the letter up, my mind in emotional turmoil. My heart felt like it was leaping out of my chest. To say I was terrified would be an understatement, im so screwed. The realisation of how big my situation was finally dawned on me. I wasnt safe. At all. Even with my new identity. surely they wouldnt recognize me now? It was my only advantage, they hadnt expected the whole makeover, right?

I quickly dived under my bed and pulled out a small pouch, inside it was my own pocketknife, that I used to carry around London. I couldnt risk it anymore, I had to carry it around with me, it made me feel safe, gave me a sense of comfort. In case of circumstances where I get attacked. Screw the police, if they saw it in my possession, ive gotton away with it before. Besides it was for defence purposes.

Calling Grandma Jill's phone, I checked the time, it was 6 pm.

"Connor honey, I forgot to tell you me and Joe went out to eat, my heart wasnt set on cooking today" Grandma Jill explained once she answered my call.

I began shutting the blinds around the house aswell as closing the windows and locking every door. Call me extreme but im not taking any chances.

 "Grandma please come home" I urged. " Hell, ill cook dinner for you just come back now its getting late"

"Whats the matter Concon?" Concern laced through her voice. "Baby, what happened, is everything okay"

"Im fine" I lied, remembering the note specifically.

"Alright , were coming now, besides this restaurant is too booked, we havent got a table yet and your grandfather is getting restless"

"My stomache is grumbling" Grandpa Joe muttured in the background "Back when I was a young boy, we didnt have to wait an hour to eat..." he ranted to himself.

"Be back in about 20 minutes, ill pick up some chinese takaway for us, love you!" The call ended, and an eerie silence engulfed thd house once again.

I slumped on the brown leather sofa collecting my thoughts.

I had to start school tomorrow in Yorshire College, Id be the new kid so unnecessary attention would definately be on me. At least I had the Slim and the boys with me. I had to keep a low profile, this town is small, thus news travels fast. I couldnt allow that, not when crimanals are after me.

Satisfied with my new gameplan I tuned on the TV to watch the rerun of 'Geordie Shore' to keep my mind off the note and every other dysfunctional thing in my life. For once in days, I felt normal, at ease.

***