Chapter 8 - Trouble

Connor's POV

I barely registered any of the words coming out of my Psychology teacher's mouth, my concentration affixed on Aaron who was continuously jabbing his elbow in my side sniggering loudly at the ginger haired girl in front of him.

I looked at her back, before snorting loudly. Her fuchsia t shirt had ridden up exposing a tattoo on her back, which read 'No Regrets'. Clearly the tattoo artist was drunk when doing it. I saw my psychology teacher, Mr Husain's eyes glaring at me and Aaron before returning to scribble on the whiteboard about Social Facilitation. I concealed my snort with a cough before turning to Aaron and smacking him on the back.

"Bro, shut up I nearly got done," I whispered. "Did you see sir, he looked like he was going to eat me man."

Aaron stared at me before grabbing my right arm and sinking his white teeth into my tanned skin.

"Calm your manboobs, con! I have no ragrets for doing that but he wouldn't like a taste of you, im no Edward Cullen but you taste too bitter"

"What the fuck!" I scrunched my face in disgust before wiping his saliva on his jacket. Some of my pale skin was showing through the skin he had bitten. Crap.

Aaron chucked, "never thought you'd be a fake tan user Con!"

Ramming my face in my hands I breathed deeply. I needed to top up; didn't the stylist say it lasted 2 months?! Lies.

"MR FREEMAN!" Dr Husain barked at me, his hand feeling his thick black beard. I heard the shuffling of chairs as everyone stared at me and Aaron at the back of the classroom.

Aaron poked me from under the table grinning mischievously at me. I straightened my posture diverting my attention to Mr Husain, who seemed annoyed at us interrupting him.

"Yeah, sir?" I said.

"Since you've obviously been listening very intently this lesson, please answer me this exam question, what is a dominant response?" He challenged, tapping his foot on the murky green carpet.

I saw Slim on the other side of the classroom mouthing something to me, probably the correct answer so I don't look like a complete dipshit on my first day.

"Err..." I racked my brain for answer; Slim was waving his hands in the air slowly annunciating the answer, too bad I couldn't see his lips moving with these contact lenses. I heard Aaron snickering at my misfortune besides me.

"Is it a response....that is dominant?" I slowly answered after a pregnant pause, sheepishly smiling at Mr Hussein.

The class erupted into laughter, Slim was face palming in the front of the class.

"Boy, do you think you're funny?" Mr Husain uttered "If you are not going to take this class seriously, I suggest you leave Mr Freeman,"his hand pointed at the door, urging me on. I stood there. Dammit. I can't get in trouble, not yet, not now. Mutters and gasps erupted through the classroom.

You idiot Connor I though. I was supposed to be keeping a low profile, this wasn't helping.

"But Sir, why are you shouting at me for? Aaron..." I muttered avoiding his eyes before being stopped mid-sentence, as Aaron kicked me under the table.

"Look at me when im speaking to you, look I know you're here due to special circumstances because of your mother..."

"What the hell sir?" I seethed, shoving the desk away from me and standing up

"Mr Freeman," Mr Husain demanded.

"That's pissed me off, why you telling everyone for?" I said.