Chapter 1 - The Five Years

I woke up in a hospital, with Ikora looking down at me with a concern that was uncommon for her to show. I could see she was trying to say something, but I couldn't comprehend what I was supposed to hear, as the constant ringing in my ears had confused me. When I could finally understand her, I heard her say my name.

"What happened?" I managed to say. Ikora looked at me as if she didn't want to say. "Auntie?" I questioned.

She looked down and said in a tone no one could ever replicate, "Eve, there is a lot you won't understand at first, but I promise you I will do my best to help you understand."

With that, I looked down at my hands to find that I was metal. I asked, "Why am I metal?" Ikora never answered me, only hugged me, and I hugged her back, letting the tears from my eyes flow down like rain.

As time flew on, I began to understand. Understand that my mother was dead, that my brother was dead, and that I had died. In that hospital, they brought me back from the great unknown and turned me into an Exo. For the next five years, Ikora trained me to be a Warlock, like her. Though it was difficult, as I was the youngest pupil she ever trained, at just the age of five.

My mind and body grew as a normal human would, but so did my memories. Throughout my training memories of my past haunted me. Plaguing my dreams, my thoughts, and my life. I remembered my family all gathered around in some sort of family gathering, a holiday, or otherwise. I could remember my mother and father's face alongside my aunt and uncle, filled with joy. Then I remember my three older brothers, all of us playing a game we called 'Pushie Pushie'. The only things I could recall were the names of Aunt Ikora and Uncle Zavala, with the names of Rose and Ace. It was this memory that drove me to find them.

I was seven, one year after this began happening, Ikora gave me something of my past. A necklace, with six charms hanging from the chain, an ace of spades, a flaming pistol, a fist, a star, a four-leaf clover, and a blue crystal. I recognized the crystal as my own charm, and the rest belonging to my family. From this necklace, I was able to gather the names of my missing family. Cayde, Rose, Ace, Leon, and Spade.

Three years passed, and I began to lose hope that I would ever find my family. But then Ikora came with news that she found my uncle and father. I was so happy to hear this that I nearly jumped out of bed, as this was early in the morning. Nothing could beat the feeling of knowing that my family was out there, that they were alive, mostly.

When it came time to meet them face to face, I was indescribably nervous. I didn't know whether or not they would accept me, or if they were at all like how I remembered and imagined them. But when I saw them I was shocked. Zavala, and who I assumed to be Spade, were Awokens. And Leon and Father were Exos, like me. We all met, my father, my brothers, and I, in the center. There, our father brought us all in a gigantic hug, after examining how much we have grown in the past years. I found myself hugging him back as tight as I could. This was the first time I had seen my father in five years and I didn't want to miss another day for the rest of my life.

That day, when we were all the ages of ten, fourteen, and sixteen, was the greatest and worst day of my life...