Fifteen.

Wesley’s Point of View – Two Years Ago

He said that it wasn’t good for my image to have Dakotah. She’s holding you back. In a way, he was right. Yeah, people want what they can’t have, but they really want what they can have.

They had to think that I was single. That way, all three of us were single. Three single guys together, girls wanted that. They wanted to fantasize about that with their friends. Each friend can get one guy.

Now that’s something to think about. I had to think about it. I mean, he is the key to the five million dollar contract at the end of this show. He knows what it takes to make stars. He’s done it before and he’s going to do it again. One Direction will have nothing on us.

“Was that Dakotah?” Keaton asks, his eyebrows furrowing together in confusion. I don’t know why he’s so confused. He’s seen her before. Hell, we’ve been together for years, which is why she’ll totally understand why I couldn’t be affectionate when I just saw her.

Nodding my head, I laugh. “Yeah, man, don’t act so surprised. My girl can come and surprise me.” That’s my girl. She's always done things that she knew would make me happy. I owe her a lot. I've never met someone outside of my family who wanted me to have the world the way she does.

He turns around, looking out the glass windows of the hotel, and then spins back around to look at me. “Is that why he left with Char?” I know that he doesn’t like what Simon has in mind for me and Dakotah, but she’ll understand. We’re still going to be together; we’re just going to be keeping our relationship on the down low for a while.

I don’t get why she would be leaving when she just got here.

What in the hell is she doing?

Where is she going?

Why didn’t she say anything?

My heart starts racing as I play it over in my mind. She saw me and I saw her. It took everything in me to not run over to her and pick her up and kiss her. I hadn’t seen her in a while and I really missed her lips. But then her face crumbled and her eyes became sad, and I realize that I must have done a better job than I thought at hiding my excitement.

“Don’t worry about it, Wesley.” He appears next to me, shaking his head slowly. “I’ll make sure to explain the situation to her. Maybe if she hears it from me she’ll be on board with it. It would sound bloody awful coming from you. I’ll let her know about our plan.”