Chapter 15

I woke up the next morning fairly early. Brooke was snuggled up to my side, her arms wrapped around my waist. She looked so cute when she was sleeping. I kissed her on top of the head, and quietly got out of bed, trying my best not to wake her.

         I walked over to my dresser and threw a shirt on not bothering with a bra, and put on a pair over underwear. I went over to my desk, looking for a sharpie so I could write Brooke a note so she would know where I'm at. The note read 'Come downstairs, I'm fixing you breakfast. Love, D.”

          After placing the note on the pillow I made my way downstairs to find my father sipping coffee and reading the newspaper. When I walked in the room he gave me a knowing smile. I quickly looked away from him went to the fridge to get the ingredients to make pancakes.

          “Morning Dyl. How was your night last night?” He asked teasing me. I groaned. “Daaaaaad! Do we have to talk about this?” I asked pleadingly. I turned around to look at him.

             He threw his hands up in defeat. “I just want to know if my daughter had a good night with her almost girlfriend! From the noises your mom and I heard last night, I'd say she did.” I stood there with my mouth wide open.

              He did not just say that. I threw a strawberry at him after flipping him off. “My sex life is private thank you very much.” I told him. I heard him snort. “Then you might want to have sex somewhere else. We may be on different floors, but we can still hear you.” He said, still making fun of me.

            I just groaned, and turned around to continue making the pancakes. It was around 10:30 when I heard Brooke waking up. I had just finished the pancakes and I was putting them on the dining room table when she walked downstairs.

          I smiled at her as she walked up to me. “Good morning sunshine.” I said as I kissed her sweetly. “Morning.” She said sleepily, still not very awake.

          She looked at the breakfast I made an smiled at me. “You made my favorite. How sweet! You're the best Dyl.” I kissed her again.

             “Well sit down and eat! Tell me how they taste.” I didn't make any for myself because I wasn't that hungry, so I just munched on a banana as I scrolled through Twitter on my phone.

             “Like em?” I asked, looking up from my phone. Brooke gave me a big smile. “These are AMAZING! When did you learn to cook like this?” She asked amazed at how good they tasted.

                I chuckled. “My dad taught me. He's the amazing cook in the family.” I looked down at my phone when I heard it vibrate. I had texted Addison to see if she could help with me surprising Brooke to be my girlfriend. Of course she wasn't very happy about it, but she agreed to do it anyway.

             “Who ya talkin to?” Brooke asked cutely. I sighed. “Addison. She's all grumpy.” Brooke made an ew face and I cracked up. “She's helping me with a surprise for you.” I told her. “Dylannnnnnn. I hate surprises.” Brooke whined. I just laughed at her as I got up to put her dish in the sink.

               “I do believe you're going to absolutely love this one my dear.” I told her as we made our way upstairs. Once we were in my room she was sitting on my bed, still pouting. I quickly went over and kissed the pout off of her.

               “Can I get a hint baby?” She asked. Instantly I got butterflies of her calling me baby. I stared her trying to think of some kind of clue to give her without giving it away. “Hmmm.... You have to wait until dark. That's all you're getting!” I said as I kissed her again as I walked into my closet. “You suck!” I heard her yell. I laughed. “You love me!” I yelled back. After picking out of pair of shorts, purple vans, and a cute plaid shirt, I laid the over one of my red chairs and walked over to Brooke who was watching tv.