Chapter 1

• Dedicated to My Babygirl<3

             I could hear the leaves crunch underneath my paws as I ran through the woods. I had been running well over an hour after patrols were over, but I just couldn’t stop. I had to run to get her out of my thoughts. Now days she was all I could ever think about. Every second, every minute, every hour, she was on my mind.

                The sad thing was these feelings I had for her were forbidden. A soon to be alpha falling in love with a measly human girl? Yeah, I doubt that would go over with father well.  I knew in my heart she was more than just a human, she had alpha blood running through her veins somehow.

                Brooke Whitehorse. Such a beautiful name and she was a gorgeous girl. I really believe this girl was making me go mad. I never had these kinds of feelings before. I was Dylan Summers dammit! I do not fall for girls. I am soon to be alpha of the Red Claw tribe. I was supposed to be looking for a male mate, but we all knew I was straight as a fucking circle.

                My thoughts were abruptly interrupted has I heard my beta Addison’s voice inside my head. “Dyl? You’ve been gone for hours. I was starting to get really worried.”  I heard her say. I chuckled internally. “Come on Addie, you know I always play safe.”  I heard her laughter inside my head.

                “Dylan Summers being careful? That’s something I’ve never heard before. Where are you?”  She did have a point there. I was the complete opposite of careful.  Danger was literally my middle name.

                I looked up and I found myself on the outskirts of Virginia Beach. Wow, I definitely ran far. “I… Um... I’m at Virginia Beach.” I spoke stumbling over my words. Now this really made her laugh. “Well damn Dyl! How many states are you going to go through? But the reason I’m here is to tell you your mom is quite angry with you, so you better be at dinner the whole packs going to be there!”  And with that I had knew she has shifted back to human form.

                Well shit, I must have done something really wrong to piss my mom off. I shifted, smoothing my wrinkled shirt. I looked down at my feet, why the fuck am I wearing these high heeled boots? Oh that’s right dumbass you were trying to impress Brooke. I groaned. I can remember how I first met Brooke like it was yesterday…….

                                                                                FLASH BACK

                I was walking down the hallway with Addison and she was talking away about something I didn’t even care to listen about. “Dylan!” She practically screamed. “Bitch, are you even listening to me?” I chuckled at her, and I thought my language was terrible, hers was just as bad. I turned my heads toward her and gave her my attention. “Now what were you saying whore?” I asked. She rolled her eyes at me. “I was telling you about how we were invited to this human party and I wanted to know if you wanted to go?”

                My thoughts were jumbled when I felt a body slam into me. My head whipped around and I was about ready to bitch out who ran into me, but I stopped and my mouth fell open as I saw their face.

                She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She had medium length brown hair that looked soft to the touch. Her eyes, oh man her eyes were this piercing green hazel color that I just couldn’t seem to look away from. I could see a shy smile creep upon her lips and I melted instantly.

                I heard Addison clear her throat and say “Might want to close your mouth Dylan.” I saw the girl smirk at me seeing the effect she was having on me. I quickly closed my mouth and thought to myself this is one brave human. They usually tend to shy away from us because we’re so different, and it’s pretty easy to tell.