Chapter 10

Hey my derps! So this is it! The final chapter of the other direction. I will post the sequel sometime next week because school begins for me in a few days. Thanks for all who read, commented and voted for my story. I’ve actually finished something and I’m so proud of myself! Again thanks for everyone that tagged along with me on this crazy ride. I love you all so much! Anyway, I’m dedicating this chapter to LostinParadise25 because I’m a fan of her writing and she seems awesome!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*Joc’s POV*~

   “Mom” I yelled running into the house searching for the petite woman. She was nowhere to be found and the house looked empty. I sighed and leaned against the counter contemplating what to do next. It’s been less than one hour since I was added to One Direction and I’m still in utter shock. Already my life was changing. The guys threw me a big party celebrating my addition to the group. They also made me a twitter and Facebook account that blew up with me now having over thousands of fans. Fans I have never met before or even know.

  It’s all been so crazy but yet so overwhelming in a good way. I’m finally experiencing my dream as a famous musician.

   “Mom” I checked her bedroom because she sometimes chills in there. But this time she wasn’t there.

   “Mom where are you? I need to talk to you” I said searching the garage and the laundry room. She wasn’t in there either. I ran my fingers through my hair nervously. Was she still at work? I quickly glimpsed at the time and saw it was almost five. She usually got off around four ‘o’ clock.

  “Jocelyn” came a soft and familiar voice.

    I whipped my head left and right expecting to see her.

   “I’m right behind you sweetheart”

    “Mom!” I said tackling her into a gigantic bear hug. She chuckled hugging me back and softly stroked my cheek.

  “Jocelyn darling what on earth happened to your hair? And why are you wearing Kevin’s shirt?” she questioned inspecting my hair and my attire with horror.

  “Um…about that” I started apprehensively and grabbed her hands. “We need to talk and I think you might want to sit down for this”

 “Why? Is everything ok?”

    She had a worried expression painted on her face that slightly broke my heart. I hated when my mom worried especially about me. Ever since Kevin left for college she’s always been worrying about me and other little unnecessary things that don’t need worrying about. I know she thinks I’m not capable of doing anything right but I could take care of myself. Like now for instance. With me being the new member of One Direction we were probably set for life.

     “I…” I trailed not sure how to say the words.

     “You’re not pregnant are you?”

    “No of course not!” I yelled can’t believe she would assume that or even think it.

     “Then what is it?”

       I inhaled a much needed huge breathe preparing for the outburst that could possibly happen afterwards when I explain.

    “Have you heard of the band ‘One Direction’?”

     “You mean that British boy band?”

     “British-Irish actually and yes”

     “Well what about them?” she asked getting impatient.