Chapter 1

There are a few things as humiliating as starting a new school and not fitting in at all, and now we're talking 'I don't have any friends and have to eat my lunch by the toilets'-type of thing. It's defiantly not a dream, I tell you.

Although now I was starting ninth grade at a totally new school. Practically nobody knew who I was and I could show of the new and better version of myself.

My family and I had moved to Phoenix, to sunshine, palms and beaches! Heaven if you ask me!

There were couple of problems though, and that was the 'Being popular' part. It kind of scared me, I wasn't exactly a champ on getting friends, boyfriends and partying.

I guess I was more like a nerd? But nerds are cute too right?

Thankfully I found a book about it, real small and with a square-shaped page for every inspiring tip.

I think the name says pretty much everything about it. '10 Ways to get popular'

I'm so excited about it and I've decided to follow every step as thoroughly as I could.

After all, how hard could it be? I'd do just about anything to become popular.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The following days I spent at the mall, in my room and on the running track. Looking good is extremely important if you want to be popular, you know.

There were a lot of things I needed to buy and all of my savings since I was 9 were gone in a day. But it's would so be worth it, I knew it would be.

After all my closet was in big need of some new clothes, luckily I had bought a couple of fashion-magazines and surfed on the Internet to find out what exactly was in.

Tomorrow was the first day of school and I couldn't wait! I already had the clothes chosen and ready, resting on the couch in my room and my nails were done. French manicure of course! Discreet but yet a lot more fancy then boring natural nails.

I just needed a shower in the morning, do my makeup, fix my hair and I was ready to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My alarm clock started beep at 5 o clock in the morning. Would 2 hours really be enough for me to get ready? I doubted it but after all I needed my beauty sleep too. I had to look beyond fab today!

I started with taking a shower, then blow drying my hair dry and silky. I curled my hair, it looked real pretty if I may say it myself. Did my makeup, although I didn't manage doing 10 coats with mascara since it felt as if my eyelashes were heavy as lead, oh well!

When I was totally done and with my new clothes on, I must admit I looked pretty damn gorgeous.

I looked myself in the mirror one last time before leaving. My long blonde hair went perfectly together with the black skinny jeans and the cream colored top, casual and pretty but not to festive.

Perfect! I threw my baby over my shoulders and headed to school.

Now, I hope your not thinking its an actual baby I'm talking about silly!

It's the new bag I bought yesterday. Totally gorgeous, if I may say so myself!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now lunchtime and so far the day had been real good, I had already got to know a lot of new people and to my relief some real cute boys too.

While I was standing in the cue in the cafeteria I saw a group of people sitting by a table calling out my name.

''Deb'' One of the girls from Spanish class, Laila (Really nice girl!) came over to me.

My name is Debora, not the most beautiful name in the world exactly, but hey, I managed.

''Come sit with us when your done, okay?''

Josh, sitting at the table where Laila was sitting screamed and smiled at me. I nodded back, smiled and chose my food. Laila stood next to me talking about our next Spanish assignment. Not my favorite topic but I needed to seem friendly and kind, that's a rule!

When I had picked out a sandwich, bottle of water and an apple (Interesting info, right?) we went to the table were Josh was sitting.

I immanently started blushing, oh god! Why did this feel so awkward?

I want them to like me not not wonder what type of 'Super pigmented makeup' I was wearing that made by cheeks turn bright red.

The atmosphere was great until Laila, Josh and a few others started whispering and pointing there fingers.

And the moment I realized who they were pointing at I understood the attention.