Chapter 3

Andre was crouched down in a garden behind a flower pot, praying that no one could find him. Not exactly a princely position, but Andre wasn't known for his traditional poise. Just then, a girl about 17 passed, and he held his breath. "Andre? Where did you go?" The voice faded intom the distance and Andre relaxed. Princess Lucia was a nice girl and all, but he had no desire to be married. He leaned back and promptly fell into a bush. 

_____________________________________________

Jonquil whipped around and searched the wall of plants. She could of sworn she'd heard something. Then she heard it again. A rustle and a deep voice, cursing. She stifled a laugh. Andre was good for one thing, apparently. She walked closer to the bush and examined it. She couldn't find any openings, so she pushed her sleeve up and reached in. 

__________________________________________

Three little girls dressed in white skipped around a corner followed by an older girl wearing a nice pale orange. They all stiffened and ran to the nearest open window. Another scream! 

"Marigold, that sounded like Jon!" One of the little girls said. The older one, Marigold, nodded. 

"You're right, Daisy. Jaz, Anne, Daisy, come with me. And they set off at a  fast walk towards a door. 

_________________________________________

"Jon! You scared me!" The prince was lying on the ground, dirty from where he had been pulled through the bush. Jon helped him up and retorted, " You should be glad I did! You had no idea what you were doing!" 

Andre looked around and nodded in consent. "It's true I've never been here, but there are more secrets int he garden." 

Jon nodded. "I don't know all of them. I'd estimate that I have found about 1/4 of them." Andre blushed. "I've only found 3." 

Jonquil said. " Rose garden, Swan Fountain, and the 3 Lilies?" Andre stared at her.

"How could you- Did you- What?"Andre looked comically perplexed, and  Jon laughed. " It's not hard to tell which ones you've been in. You really need to be more careful."

"Sorry." 

___________________________________________

"Jaz!" Marigold called to her younger sisters. " Anne! Daisy!" The girls all ran to their sister and each voiced their concerns, because none of them had found their oldest sister. Marigold frowned. It wasn't like Jon to leave them like this. " Keep looking." she said, determinedly. 

Okay, Sorry for the cliffhanger. Not enough time to write. The picture is of the triplets. Annelace, Daisy, and Jasmine are 9 years old.  Marigold is 14. Notice the flowers? ANyway, next part to come soon. 

MK